Alright.... that's it.

Looking for something? Throw it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Libra Monkee

Re: Alright.... that's it.

Post by Libra Monkee »

Cereb Daithi wrote:I know i don't need an STi... but do any of you STi owners really need them either?.. Life is too short and a few years down the road when i get myself into a serious relationship and buy a house and (not so soon hopefully) have kids.. an STi wont be an option.. why not enjoy life? I've traveled the world, driven tanks, camped out on aircraft carriers, met some amazing people.... i'm enjoying my time i have on this planet and i'm not going to make the mistake so many people make of "waiting" and then never doing anything.
I said almost the same exact thing when I got my STi. More power to ya man! I'll keep a look out.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

im hoping to get the STi through the dealer i bought the RS from.... i know i could probably get more money for the RS and get the STi cheaper from pirvate sales... but i still owe money on the RS so it'd be simpler to do a straight up trade in... besides i have a credit history witht hem and it'd probably be easier to finance
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Cereb Daithi wrote:im hoping to get the STi through the dealer i bought the RS from.... i know i could probably get more money for the RS and get the STi cheaper from pirvate sales... but i still owe money on the RS so it'd be simpler to do a straight up trade in... besides i have a credit history witht hem and it'd probably be easier to finance
you have a credit history with everybody. don't finance with a dealer until you've checked with your own bank or your parent's bank. it doesn't cost anything to get approved for a loan from a bank, then you can make sure you have the best possible terms. why trust a car dealer with YOUR money?
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

you do have a point.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Best places to get a car loan is almost always your Credit Union. See if your parents are part of one!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

I remember when I got my car the dealer ask me four or five times "Are you sure you don't want to finance with us? Even if we can get you a better interest rate?" Each time the answer was "No, I just give you a check from my credit union"

You do NOT want to owe money to a dealer. They're like one step above loan sharks.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

get rates from several banks, most will tell you based on length of loan and amount what your rate would be (provided you qualify). you find the best rate or two and get approved. then you tell the dealer if he can beat those terms he can have your finance business. otherwise he should count himself lucky he's getting your AUTO business.
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

well technically it was through subaru of america... but aye.. the bank it is