go suby!! :nana: :nana:
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

w00t :)
It wasn’t the kind of day a driver would pick for running fast laps on America’s fastest road racing course — unless that driver happened to be behind the wheel of a hotted-up Subaru WRX STi.

That description applies to Luke Russell, the young hotshoe from Fort Myers, Florida, who pedaled his ’04 STi to first place in both Road America runs.

It’s hard to say which of these achievements was more impressive.

The first round was run in a light but steady rain, making for very slick track conditions — so slick, in fact, that nine cars failed to finish their three laps owing to various encounters with gravel, tire walls, and/or concrete barriers.

Yet Russell’s Subie prevailed, setting the fastest time of the day in the process.
While Friday’s second run was deflating for the Car and Driver BMW M5 crew — not only were we harassed by Hondas and manhandled by Minis, we finished behind almost every other car in the Luxury Sedan class — the day’s strangely scrambled points left us 11th in the overall standings and solidly first in class.
:lol:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

pray for rain
8)

I got some very hard rain in the WVA mountains on the way to Lexington Friday. everybody stayed out of my way, I powered right through it. rain tires * AWD = WIN!
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

The best is when you pass 4x4's and SUV's in the snow, HAHAHAHAHA
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

sabre wrote:The best is when you pass 4x4's and SUV's in the snow, HAHAHAHAHA
AMEN. That is quite good.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

i remember in my youth when i was caught up in the SUV craze.. lets say it was like.. 94 i believe.. and our explorer couldnt get up this one muddy hill in 4X4 mode... all of a sudden this outback shows up... and owns the hell out of hte hill and just goes 'zip' right up... from that moment on i saw the light
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Cereb Daithi wrote:i remember in my youth when i was caught up in the SUV craze.. lets say it was like.. 94 i believe.. and our explorer couldnt get up this one muddy hill in 4X4 mode... all of a sudden this outback shows up... and owns the hell out of hte hill and just goes 'zip' right up... from that moment on i saw the light
:rolllaugh: :ohsnap: :owned: :lol2:

GREAT story :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

remember that big snow we got in 04? I took the "back roads" home when they let us out of work. if you know the steep hills leading up to King Street around the side of the Masonic Temple: I passed an SUV, a pickup truck, and a minivan on the way up a hill. at the top of the hill was a stoplight. a lady in a taurus was stuck from having to stop at the light. she gave up and pulled into a driveway to turn around and head down the hill. I stopped to let her go, then zipped up and through the intersection before the light changed. this is with the stock wheels and tires, not even snow tires! :mrgreen: