can I barrow an AP?

UTEC/Hydra/MOTEC? STi, WRX, EVO, Legacy, R32? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

sabre wrote:That peak was just boost creep then and your true setting was that 1.1. Look at it like an engineer!!!!! If you have a hole with a certain cross-sectional area A, it can only flow <insert Burnulli equation>/min. Since you are flowing so much, the WG cannot flow enough to escape the gases to keep the boost under control.

CN: Boost creep = bad. No boost controller can fix it if you are flowing too much. Porting is the only fix.

true true... BUT, when the WG fully opens the boost lowers to 1.1. I mean, if I'm getting creep, it would NEVER go back down. Since it is, I'm thinking that opening the wastegate sooner will help....
96 328, heated leather seats... ummm

Gone But not forgotten
'05 Black Sti, the car that started it all
84 944, my first race car.. what a pos
83 944.. 150hp of FURY, Rookie of the year chariot
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

OH, so you are spiking at low rpms but then is calms back down when you rev higher? this is using a pure MBC, or are you still using the UTEC and a bleed device?

If you are using the UTEC at all to do anything with the boost, change your boost gain parameter in the constants menue. Theat solved the early boost spike at onset of spool for me.

If you are using a plain jane no frills manual boos controller, then the only thing I can think of is that the wastegate arm is loose and allowing for delayed opening...
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

spazegun2213 wrote: true true... BUT, when the WG fully opens the boost lowers to 1.1. I mean, if I'm getting creep, it would NEVER go back down. Since it is, I'm thinking that opening the wastegate sooner will help....
Higher RPMs = more air used by the engine. Boost won't stay high since it is being "eaten up" by the engine... It's pretty normal to see a smaller turbo run "out of steam" up top since it can't keep the boost high at higher RPM.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

sabre wrote:
spazegun2213 wrote: true true... BUT, when the WG fully opens the boost lowers to 1.1. I mean, if I'm getting creep, it would NEVER go back down. Since it is, I'm thinking that opening the wastegate sooner will help....
Higher RPMs = more air used by the engine. Boost won't stay high since it is being "eaten up" by the engine... It's pretty normal to see a smaller turbo run "out of steam" up top since it can't keep the boost high at higher RPM.

ok.. cool.. still.... people run 20+ psi and dont throw codes... HOW!!!
96 328, heated leather seats... ummm

Gone But not forgotten
'05 Black Sti, the car that started it all
84 944, my first race car.. what a pos
83 944.. 150hp of FURY, Rookie of the year chariot
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump different turbo. 20PSI is WAY out of the efficiency range of the VF39. At 20 PSI, it's just blowing REALLY hot air which is MUCH less dense than the 20PSI coming out of a Gree/Red/SZ. The only way a VF39 can run at those boost levels and work well is with water injection :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.