3 Step Process and Rain-X Wipes

Make your baby look great!

Moderator: Moderators

AJ711
Bicycle

3 Step Process and Rain-X Wipes

Post by AJ711 »

Did the Meguire's 3 Step process this last weekend, with one difference from my past times.

This time, I used microfiber towels instead of my terry clothe ones from the past. I spent some extra $$$ on a package of them after hearing how great they are.

Good lord, it is true. Noticably less swirl marks in the finished job, and the car was sooooo smooth. Honestly, if you detail your own car, pick up a sete of these. They are worth it for how your car will turn out.

And on the way to the D&B Meet last night I drove through a pocket of rain. While everyone else had their wipers on, mine sat idle at the base of my windshield.

I picked up a container of Rain-X wipes (same time as the aforementioned towels) figureing that maybe they'd work. I have used Rain-X before, and found it to be a messy, annoying process to apply. These were 10X easier. Pull out wipe, wipe window, use microfibre towel to remove haze, good to go.

The rain just flew off my windshield last night. To me, it was entirely worth it. I'm unsure how long they'll last, and I'll report back when I reapply them. Took about 2 wipes each for the front and rear windshields, and 1 per side window.

Two totally worthwhile expenditures to help make my car look nice and keep me on the road in bad weather.

AJ
Cage: '98 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS, caged Uncaged: '05 Suzuki SV650S
'03 Forester XS, Team Grocery Getter
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nice writeup :) I'll post it on the reviews section!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted in the review section :) BTW, what brand of microtowels was it?
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

yea the 3 step is pretty nice. i keep a set (of three) at my apt as well as my parents place up in MD. never know when you're going to *need* to detail your car ;)

i've used rainx for as long as i have been driving now, i consider it to be a part of regular upkeep.

...i will def have to try the microfiber towels though. sounds worth it.

colin
AJ711
Bicycle

Post by AJ711 »

Yeah, the towels made a bid difference for me. I was planning on picking up a random buffer, but seeing how the car turned out this time, I'm just going to stay with the elbow grease.

Yeah, TTIWOP, but my tax return hasn't shown up yet --> (therefore) no Canon A95.

AJ
Cage: '98 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS, caged Uncaged: '05 Suzuki SV650S
'03 Forester XS, Team Grocery Getter