Megan Racing coilovers???

Feeling the bumps in the Forester or wanting more, look here

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Megan Racing coilovers???

Post by Mr Kleen »

I just bought a hoopty 2005 GTI and it's in great shape other than the suspension. There are multiple parts that need replacing and I've got a bad case of "while I'm in there..." brewing. I'm thinking about going with a set of coilovers but I don't want to spend a fortune on an old car like this.

Megan Racing coilovers are fairly inexpensive and I see them around a lot. Anyone have any experience with the brand?
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Megan Racing coilovers???

Post by zaxrex »

No experience with their coilovers, but their headers are still holding together on the sedan. Fitment was a bit of an issue, as there was some frame rubbing that needed a torch, sledge, and paint to fix.
I would say the quality if the workmanship is on par with the price.

Given the broken components on your suspension, you don't know what else the other components were subjected to. I'd do it.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Do they have helper springs? Going to coilovers definitely made my STI louder (NVH), but I also had solid camber plates! I would get a ride in a set before pulling the plug!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Thanks, I have come up with plan for the suspension. I'll post in my GTI thread. :)