What would Zak look like driving Rallycross DC?

Getting dirty for the fun of it.

Moderator: Moderators

zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

What would Zak look like driving Rallycross DC?

Post by zaxrex »

Very similar to this.
But I guess we will have to wait until June 21-22 for the RedBull Global Rallycross Volkswagen Rallycross DC
Andretti Sports Marketing e-mail wrote: As loyal fans of the Grand Prix of Baltimore, we wanted you to be the first to know about our new event coming to your region. Volkswagen Rallycross DC, the third round of the 2014 Red Bull Global Rallycross Series, will be held June 21-22 on the RFK Stadium Festival Grounds in Washington, D.C. We hope that you will be able to join us at the exciting event, filled with on-track action, live music, and fun for the whole family. While we are sad to not be returning to Baltimore, we look forward to another great event in the Baltimore-DC Region.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: What would Zak look like driving Rallycross DC?

Post by ElZorro »

Yea, I'm probably in for this.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

:plusone:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Who is able to start planning for this? I have weekends filling up quickly and would do this if there were a group. Probably not on my own though.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

Anyone else looking at going on Saturday? We've got autox on Sunday so can't do both days.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

I'm booked Saturday. Sunday is up in the air.
iceyinferno
I walk to work

Post by iceyinferno »

I'll be there both days, but unfortunately my car is already full. Hope to see you all there!!!
04 Aspen White STi
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

I'm in for Saturday.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

. Officials from Volkswagen Rallycross DC announced a sell-out Sunday crowd at the inaugural running of Volkswagen Rallycross DC-the third round of the 2014 Red Bull Global Rallycross Series. The temporary rallycross track built on the Festival Grounds of Washington, D.C.'s historic RFK Stadium reached capacity before Sunday's main event. After record first-day attendance for a Red Bull Global Rallycross event Saturday, strong walkup figures boosted crowds to capacity on Sunday. While final figures are still being compiled, the event saw more than 10,000 visitors over the two days.

"In some respects, this first year was a test run for us and so we were conservative with our plans. But, Volkswagen Rallycross DC exceeded our expectations," said Tim Mayer-General Manager, Volkswagen Rallycross DC. "This sell-out crowd is proof positive of how the incredible action of Red Bull Global Rallycross, the great venue here at RFK Stadium, and a festival atmosphere attracts a diverse audience of all ages."

Erik A. Moses-Managing Director of Events DC's Sports and Entertainment Division which manages RFK Stadium, applauded the community aspects of the event. "This is a new type of event for the city, and we were impressed with the community outreach efforts, especially programs like the Andretti S.T.A.R. Program Powered by Root Cause that ran on Friday-a science, technology and racing program that reached out to local kids, visits by drivers to Children's National Medical Center, and the concern shown by the organizers to work with local vendors," said Moses. "Our mission is to positively impact our DC community, and we are working diligently to attract events that achieve this goal, as well as provide great entertainment."

"We have some great ideas to expand capacity and add even more entertainment to the weekend to give more fans the chance to see some of the world's most exciting racing," said Mayer. "Discussions about future events are underway and announcements will be made shortly at www.rbgrcdc.com.
About Volkswagen Rallycross DC
Volkswagen Rallycross DC will reintroduce professional motorsports to the Washington, D.C. area in an entirely new way with the Red Bull Global Rallycross Series. June 21-22, the 600-horsepower Supercars of Red Bull Global Rallycross will take over the RFK Festival Grounds for two days of intense action over tarmac, dirt, and 70-foot jumps. Featuring some of the greatest drivers and action sports stars in the world, Red Bull Global Rallycross delivers the world's most exciting racing action, with a commitment to openness and fan interaction. For tickets and more information, visit redbullglobalrallycross.com/dc or call 1-800-745-3000.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Would be great to see it back! I'd love to see it with seating all the way around. It was definitely not built with large crowds in mind!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Yea, I wanted to see bleachers near the dirt portion of the track.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox