PS4

The place for technology related posts.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

PS4

Post by Sabre »

Unless you've been living in a tech black hole, you've probably heard that Sony announced the PS4. So far, it's looking and sounding pretty badass.

Kotaku - Everything we have so far
XBitLabs - Sony: PlayStation 4 only Supports 4K Resolution for Video.
XBitLabs - AMD Discloses More Details About Sony PS4 System-on-Chip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF4F0TvCDcQ[/video]

I think it's interesting that the console makers have basically moved to PC's as a platform. I really thought that the PS4 was just going to double or triple the cell processors of the PS3 and call it a day. Since developers already knew how to program for them, it would make it easy... lol, I guess just as easy an approach is to just make it a PC :lol:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: PS4

Post by ElZorro »

Yea, really thought the cell processor was going to last longer than just one box.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: PS4

Post by Sabre »

ElZorro wrote:Yea, really thought the cell processor was going to last longer than just one box.
Me too, it seemed the easiest way to just scale the hell out of it. Hell, even we thought it was a good processor ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.