2014 Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG

Non-technical forum for other car makes. Good example: VW fan sites.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

2014 Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG

Post by Sabre »

Torque

"The A 45 AMG will enable Mercedes-AMG to appeal to new customers and tap new markets," observes Ola Källenius, Chairman of Mercedes-AMG GmbH. We are adding an extremely attractive model with exceptional performance data to our range of unique high-performance automobiles."

The A45 AMG is powered by a turbocharged 2.0L 4-cyl engine with 360 horsepower and 332 lb-ft. of torque. According to Mercedes-Benz the 2.0L engine is the most powerful series production four-cylinder turbo engine in the world. All that power is put to the ground via an AMG SPEED SHIFT DCT 7-speed transmission and standard AMG 4MATIC all-wheel drive. The A45 AMG reaches 0-62 mph in 4.6 seconds and has an electronically-limited top speed of 155 mph. All that power is kept under control thanks to an AMG high-performance braking system with ventilated and perforated brake discs.

"With the new A 45 AMG we have well and truly achieved our aim of developing the most dynamic, powerful and efficient four-cylinder series production car," comments Tobias Moers, Head of Overall Vehicle Development and Board Member of Mercedes-AMG GmbH.With its impressive high-tech package and the performance-oriented AMG 4MATIC all-wheel drive, the A 45 AMG is a thoroughbred AMG through and through."

The 2014 A45 AMG will debut next month at the Geneva Motor Show. If you were hoping that Mercedes-Benz would offer the A45 AMG in the US, you will be disappointed to hear that there aren't any plans. The A45 AMG's engine will be offered in the CLA though...
Of course we're not getting a Merc I would love to own (and might be able to afford)...
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
thermatico
Yugo owner

Re: 2014 Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG

Post by thermatico »

I estimate 43k euro starting price. Those three letters don't come cheap.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: 2014 Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG

Post by Mr Kleen »

Even the base model looks pretty decent, much better than the outgoing A class. If I could only bring the AMG version home...

Wouldn't surprise me if it's closer to €49k to start. Cars are CRAZY expensive over here.