2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA

Non-technical forum for other car makes. Good example: VW fan sites.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA

Post by Sabre »

Torque

The first official photos of the 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan have leaked onto the internet today. The CLA, which is a sedan version of the new A-Class is expected to have its world debut at the Detroit Auto Show next month.

Overall the CLA looks very close to the A-Class hatchback, but also gets a profile that is similar to the larger CLS. Under the hood we can expect the same engine lineup as the A-Class, which includes three gas and one diesel powered engine. Mercedes-Benz is also working on an AMG version, the CLA 45 AMG, which will be powered by a 350 horsepower turbocharged 2.0L engine.

Stay tuned...
Color me intrigued! Looks good too :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Re: 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA

Post by PGT »

that dash looks like a DIY fleece-stretched-over-wood-then-fiberglassed car stereo installation. Bleh.
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

lol, I didn't think it looked that bad!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I think you're making too much out of HDR-ish concept photos. :wink:
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

sorry....I'm sure it looks great. Just has that look of a car stereo install (and this is from someone who just sold a Merc and used to do car stereo stuff so maybe I'm doubly-doomed)

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

If you replaced the steering wheel with one from a scion, I wouldn't think it to be out of place.
-Ben
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

yes indeed. It just reminds me of a SEMA or CES show car inside. Not MB.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

but but but... i rather liked stretching fleece for enclosures and kickpanels and door panels and covers and such.

:cry:

:lol:
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

More news

Officially unveiled
Mercedes-Benz has officially taken the wraps off the 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class four-door coupe in Detroit. The CLA draws its inspiration from the larger CLS and was previewed by the Concept Style Coupe. "The response to the Concept Style Coupe was overwhelming. The most frequent comment by far was 'Please put this car into series production.' That's precisely what we are doing now," notes Dr Dieter Zetsche, Chairman of the Board of Management for Daimler AG and Head of Mercedes-Benz Cars. "The CLA is a car that does not confuse 'mid-size' with 'mid-quality'. Its sporty design underscores the sporty side of the Mercedes-Benz brand."
The 2014 CLA is based on the A-Class hatchback and the CLA250 is powered by a 2.0L turbocharged engine generating 208 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque that comes with the ECO stop/start function as standard for added gas mileage and is mated to the 7-speed dual clutch transmission. The CLA250 sends its power to the front wheels, but it is also available with a new generation of the 4MATIC permanent all-wheel drive system featuring fully variable torque distribution.

The CLA will be available with four equipment packages and a wide range of driver assistance systems, including advanced Collision Prevention Assist. This radar-based assistance system provides the driver with visual and acoustic warnings of identified obstacles and primes Brake Assist for adaptive braking. Brake Assist is initiated as soon as the driver steps hard on the brake pedal. When the system identifies a risk of collision, Collision Prevention Assist calculates the precise braking force ideally needed to avoid an accident and makes the best possible use of any distance remaining. Adaptive Braking Assist activates at speeds of just 4 mph and gives trailing vehicles as much time as possible to also react accordingly and avoid another accident.

Following a brief appearance on the eve of the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, the CLA will celebrate its official world premiere at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in Berlin (January 15 to 18, 2013). The new CLA will arrive at U.S. dealerships in September 2013.

Is it me, or do the wheels look too small on the silver? Interesting Brake Assist technology too. Sounds great for a regular driver, but not for someone that is above that.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

Its not the wheels, its the short wheelbase and massive overhangs causing that perception. It's almost Toyota Corolla or Camry in proportions.
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

omg those body lines are literally making me sick. disgusting.

and that front end... everything is too... bulbous!
-Ben
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

Its interesting to see advanced Bangle design cues on a Benz. :lol:
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

The HDR pictures looked better... :eek: