BRZ's Available - Beyer Subaru

Looking for a local dealer in parts? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: BRZ's Available - Beyer Subaru

Post by thermobox »

Got a cutomer that is flaking on the car now that it's here. bump.
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

Flaking on a gray, red, or blue 6-speed BR-Z limited?

Wish I was ready to start looking again.
-Ben
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

Gray. He flaked. He isn't willing to come to the store until I promise him a sight unseen trade-in value on a 2011 Mitsu and car payment without looking at his credit? Really? This car has an approximate wait time now of over 8 months in most countries and your gonna flake on a Mitsu trade-in that could go to Carmax?
chicken n waffles

:rolllaugh: he's obviously hiding something.
-Ben
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

Prolly. I just don't get it. He asked me to keep him in mind if the car is around after a month or if/when the black car drops. He said that he will help me move inventory? These cars generally last for about a day or so on dealer lots.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

lol, tard.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
chicken n waffles

Sabre wrote:lol, tard.
definitely some sort of special need, and in this case i'd say the need to have his ass kicked around a bit.
-Ben
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

in his defense, you should be able to give him a ballpark value from Manheim. As for payment (only morons shop that way); the finance manager should be able to tell him what rate he could get if he has > 720 credit. With that, its a quick calc.

99.999% of the time, we walk in with a pre-approved loan from the credit union. I've also gotten a verbal value on a trade BOTH times I traded a car this year. On inspection, they had no issue standing behind that and it made my life much simpler as Carmax is a PITA and lowballs anyways.

In other news, my old Benz is still for sale at the dealer I traded it at....I think they gave me too much for it and can't get out of it now. :nana:
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

I know brother. It seems "simple" to do. I did give him a ballpark value per my Inventory Mgr. But when your dealing with an MSRP deal, there is no flex in making a set payment except for the trade-in and monies down. The mark-up on the BRZ's is so small, even if we were to give up some form of discount it would only affect the payment 20-40.

His trade is all over the place. KBB hates the car and gives it 13-15. The auctions are a little bit more warm at 14-16. Private Party is asking anywhere from 19-20+. The guy wants 17.5 guaranteed, sight unseen.

Your talking a flex of 100 there in the payment depending on the trades actual value when it gets here.

So yeah, I could run his credit and factor a payment less the trade-in very simply. He is pretty firm though that he's dropping the car off here and will only accept X amount for it.

My hands are tied if I don't have a customer, trade-in and a car to sell that are all here at once or are on the same page. I've done plenty of long distance deals from Morocco to London to California and parts in between. I am always willing to work for my customers as long as they are realistic and understand that I have their best intentions in mind.

If you tell me this is how it's gonna be, your gonna do it and your gonna like it, kinda turns me off. Especially when it is completely unrealistic. All I need him to do is come to the store. I don't really feel like that is to much to ask of someone that is potentially selling you their car and buying yours.
Raven
Mr. Underpowered or something

Post by Raven »

Ugh, I want it, but I don't need it.
All my cars have drum brakes and are sub 200 hp, what am I doing with my life?
2013 Mazda 2
1994 Chevy S10 pickup
1985 Chevy Caprice (no fuel system)
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

Bumpt for two In-Stock BRZ Premium models in WRB!!
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

Bumpt for another flaker and an available BRZ Ltd In-Stock right now.