2013 Dodge Dart

Non-technical forum for other car makes. Good example: VW fan sites.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

2013 Dodge Dart

Post by Sabre »

Torque Report

The 2013 Dart features an all-new design that ditches the hatchback layout of the soon to be forgotten Dodge Caliber. "The Dodge Dart was a dream to design," said Joe Dehner, Head of Dodge Design - Chrysler Group LLC. "The Alfa Romeo-based architecture allowed us to design an exterior with great proportions that say 'fun-to-drive' when you look at it. The overall design is definitely more visually appealing than the Caliber and its Charger-inspired 'racetrack' taillights are a nice touch.

Inside the Dart features the interior spaciousness of a mid-size sedan, and it boasts best-in-class hip and shoulder room. There are up to 14 interior color and trim combinations. The highlight of the Dart's interior is the available 7-inch customizable gauge cluster display with light pipe surround that also houses the available class-exclusive Uconnect Touch 8.4-inch touchscreen media center.

Under the hood the 2013 Dart buyers can choose between three four-cylinder engines: a 160 horsepower Tigershark 16-valve 2.0-liter engine, a 160 horsepower 16-valve 1.4-liter MultiAir Intercooled Turbo engine and a new 184 horsepower Tigershark 16-valve 2.4-liter engine. There are also transmission choices, a six-speed manual, six-speed automatic or six-speed dual dry clutch transmission. A nine-speed automatic transmission is also in the works, which should be available sometime in 2013.

The 2013 Dodge Dart will be available in five trim levels: SE, SXT, Rallye, Limited and R/T. Production of the 2013 Dodge Dart will begin in the second quarter of 2012.
I like it a lot more than the Neon (non-spec) and Caliber!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: 2013 Dodge Dart

Post by Mr Kleen »

The dash display is a TFT screen that is customizable, similar to the LF-A, and it looks great. There's a video of it somewhere, I'll post it if I find it again.

EDIT: found it
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

dude, i see a ton of neon in that side profile...
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

^^ Ya, it is very similar from the side, this is true. It's the same exact angle on the line going from front to back that does it I think.

That screen does look nice. Hopefully more companies will start using them!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.