RX-8 Spirit R

Non-technical forum for other car makes. Good example: VW fan sites.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

RX-8 Spirit R

Post by Sabre »

Torque Report
Mazda has announced that the Mazda RX-8 will soon end its production run, but before the RX-8 says goodbye, Mazda has announced the Spirit R special edition model. Mazda is going to produce 1,000 units of the Spirit R Edition that will go on sale in Japan on November 24, 2011.

The Spirit R Edition based on the RX-8 Type RS (with six-speed manual transmission) and Type E (with six-speed automatic transmission). It is named after the final limited edition Mazda RX-7. All versions of the Spirit R Edition get head and taillights with black bezels, red brake calipers and Spirit R badging. The six-speed manual version gets bucket seats from Recaro and 19-inch bronze alloy wheels. The six-speed automatic equipped model gets black leather seats with red stitching, a sports suspension with larger brakes and 18-inch gun metallic alloy wheels.

There are three exterior colors for the RX-8 Spirit Edition: Aluminum Metallic, Sparkling Black Mica and Crystal White Pearl Mica.

Production of the RX-8 ends in June 2012.
I like the looks a lot. I find it pretty funny that the transmission choice dictates the seats/wheels :lol:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: RX-8 Spirit R

Post by Mr Kleen »

doesn't sound like either comes with more power.
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

I was just wondering last night if the RX8 was still in production because they've never updated it. Now I know.
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Same here. I honestly didn't realize they were still making/selling these...
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

They're still making them...
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Rotary engine keeps on turning, probably
Mazda President and CEO, Takashi Tamanouchi, has repeatedly stated that the company will continue to develop the firm's rotary engine ...
To calm the Japanese brand's fans, Mazda posted a tweet on its Japanese account that said it is "zealously" planning the development of "new models", which will be equipped with a rotary engine.
@Mazda_PR wrote:"Thank you so much for all your supportive messages concerning the RX-8 and the rotary engine! We are also excited. Mazda is aiming to achieve a breakthrough with the ‘Skyactiv’ technology, and we are zealously working on new models to house the next generation rotary engine. Thank you for your continued support!"
Hmmm, Skyactive? Sounds like a thinly veiled Skynet to me.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

R
O
T
A
R
Y
?
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears