Getting a Ducati 696 tonight! The train says *WooT Woot*

Forum for those interested in one-wheel drive vehicles (motorcycles!). Anything and everything!

Moderator: Moderators

STiLe
I walk to work

Getting a Ducati 696 tonight! The train says *WooT Woot*

Post by STiLe »

Recently been thinking of getting a new bike with more pep. Originally I wanted a Honda cb600f - Honda Hornet - then a friend showed me the Monster line up and I fell in love with the Ducati 696 Monster. This weekend I found one, checked it out, and today I'm picking it up after work. Super Stoaked!

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Getting a Ducati 696 tonight! The train says *WooT Woot*

Post by Sabre »

That is a good looking bike! (and that is pretty much all that I can say about it because I know nothing about bikes :(
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Early congrats!!! That's one monster of a bike!

See what I did thar!
:wiggle:
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

baller!

why'd you pick the duck over some of the other nekkeds? was it strictly a visual thing? i know a ton of people really dig the ducs for their looks.

don't forget to buy the "loud clutches save lives" t-shirt! :lol:
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
STiLe
I walk to work

Post by STiLe »

complacent wrote:baller!

why'd you pick the duck over some of the other nekkeds? was it strictly a visual thing? i know a ton of people really dig the ducs for their looks.

don't forget to buy the "loud clutches save lives" t-shirt! :lol:
Visuals captured me at first, then it was the video reviews I watched, and the nail in the coffin was my friend's $0.02 who works at Coleman Power in Falls Church. I checked out some other nekkeds but the 696 Monster was like *SHWING SHWING*. As for the Craigslist owner that's a different story altogether....I had to beat him to death with his own shoes. nasty business really, but sure enough I'll get the 696 and go on to have a great ride.
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

enjoy your 2k mile valve adjustments
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

i saw a nice one over the weekend that was all tri-colore and full of carbon and anodized bits. was pretty.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Protect your head with this good deal on a helmet: $320 SHOEI RF-1100 Monolith Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

that is a great deal. I had an RF-1000 and it was a great helmet.
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
STiLe
I walk to work

Post by STiLe »

sirwilliam wrote:Protect your head with this good deal on a helmet: $320 SHOEI RF-1100 Monolith Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet
Lol ahhhh man that is a good deal! You know how I know? Because I bought that Helmet 3 months ago for $469 before tax and that was with a hook up that even beat the original price from motorcyclecloseouts.com. Well if you come across a deal on a white Icon Accelerant perforated leather jacket please let me know as I am in the market, but can't find it cheaper than $390 anywhere.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

STiLe wrote:
sirwilliam wrote:Protect your head with this good deal on a helmet: $320 SHOEI RF-1100 Monolith Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet
Lol ahhhh man that is a good deal! You know how I know? Because I bought that Helmet 3 months ago for $469 before tax and that was with a hook up that even beat the original price from motorcyclecloseouts.com. Well if you come across a deal on a white Icon Accelerant perforated leather jacket please let me know as I am in the market, but can't find it cheaper than $390 anywhere.
I am sure I will find a deal 3 months after you buy them :wink: but I will keep a lookout for you.

STiLe
I walk to work

Post by STiLe »

sirwilliam wrote:
STiLe wrote:
I am sure I will find a deal 3 months after you buy them :wink: but I will keep a lookout for you.
Heh heh, Just watched a video review on the Icon jacket and am ordering that and some Icon Overlord gloves now from motorcyclecloseouts.com. Look forward to seeing your post in three months =D.