Hellos

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

wushunut
I'm a n000b

Hellos

Post by wushunut »

I guess this is the official "Hello" area.

New member. I met some of you during the last DCAWD meet at D&B.

I drive an Aspen White 2006 STI. It was cool meeting all of you. I've got a lot to learn but I'm loving every minute of if.

Just got through break in last night! Woohoo! (understatement). This car will be the death of me...but atleast I'll die happy!
'06 Aspen White STI
Bone STOCK Goodness!!
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Re: Hellos

Post by spazegun2213 »

wushunut wrote:I guess this is the official "Hello" area.

New member. I met some of you during the last DCAWD meet at D&B.

I drive an Aspen White 2006 STI. It was cool meeting all of you. I've got a lot to learn but I'm loving every minute of if.

Just got through break in last night! Woohoo! (understatement). This car will be the death of me...but atleast I'll die happy!
Congrats man!!! I must admit those 1000 miles taught me to dive my sti sanely :)

When i told my friends i got the car they had a pool going for me either totaling it or dieing in it (I am the fastest driver of all my friends).

Do you have pics? did you get the gold or silver wheels?

Welcome again and i hope to see you at a meet!
96 328, heated leather seats... ummm

Gone But not forgotten
'05 Black Sti, the car that started it all
84 944, my first race car.. what a pos
83 944.. 150hp of FURY, Rookie of the year chariot
wushunut
I'm a n000b

Post by wushunut »

thanks!

White on Gold is the color scheme. I wasn't sure about it at first but I can't see it without the gold now. I've got pics, I just have to upload them to my computer and them decided on where to host them. hehe.

It's terrible, I've already been bitten (a little) by the mod bug. Especially after seeing everyone elses sick rides at the last meet. Any suggestions of where to start? I've got to be careful as it must, above and beyond everything else, pass the W.A.F. (Wife Approval Factor) first! :P
IOW...stealth is key! :twisted:
'06 Aspen White STI
Bone STOCK Goodness!!
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

wushunut wrote:thanks!

White on Gold is the color scheme. I wasn't sure about it at first but I can't see it without the gold now. I've got pics, I just have to upload them to my computer and them decided on where to host them. hehe.

It's terrible, I've already been bitten (a little) by the mod bug. Especially after seeing everyone elses sick rides at the last meet. Any suggestions of where to start? I've got to be careful as it must, above and beyond everything else, pass the W.A.F. (Wife Approval Factor) first! :P
IOW...stealth is key! :twisted:
Sexy!!! i cant wait to see one up close, I've never seen an 06 in person before :)

As for photos I'm really happy with photobucket, no spam and nice resolution.

ah, wife = budget, well mods are great, but what do you want out of the car. Will you take it to a track (drag, road, even autox)? If you do, then i would say suspension here and there. Bigger sways are not too expensive and make a difference. "pinks" are also a great suspension mod. They are JDM and pink... but the good side is that they offer a better ride and lower the car 10mm (so not much). If you want more power, i would say, full 3'' turbo back (catless) borla hush (this is wife approved, julian has one ;)). Also, if you want to tune your own car, UTEC if you want a set and forget cobb access port (these are engine management stuff). this stuff is also not too expensive as long as you dont get something super exotic.

I can give you som many places to start... but its places to end i cant find ;)

Gone But not forgotten
WANGAN_X
DCAWD Groupie

Post by WANGAN_X »

nice i am falling deeper and deeper into the white on gold.

i find ebay calms the WAF quite effectively, i only have one thing on my car that wasn't bought off of ebay and it is the clutch.

oone word of warning though, mod slowly, get to know your car before modding the crap outta it, seen waaaaaaaaay to many AWD's go the way of the dinosaur because of too many mods
gsx-lex
DCAWD Groupie

Post by gsx-lex »

i'm a Wu-Shu nut as well!
Have turbo, will spool.
I <3 Lesbians
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Welcome! If you ever need to get rid of your turbo, TMIC, and axleback; I know a bunch of willing customers.

...and if you ever need to let go of that tranny, hubs, brakes and wheels; well, you can come knock on my door :wink:
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
wushunut
I'm a n000b

Post by wushunut »

Thanks for the welcomes!

gsx-lex Where/who do you train with. I used to be coached by Zhang GuiFeng and Christopher Pei at the US Wushu Academy. I haven't done anything in awhile though. Pretty out of shape :oops: .

As for mods. The main thing is to do mods that are stealth. That way the wifey won't know they're there....sort of. Basically, she's gotta be able to live with it...so no Invidia's and such. I'm looking at that Cobb AP. Any opinions there? I'm not into tuning much and don't really want to tinker with something all the time. Prefer plug and drive. UTEC probably isn't an option for me at this point.
'06 Aspen White STI
Bone STOCK Goodness!!
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

wushunut wrote: As for mods. The main thing is to do mods that are stealth. That way the wifey won't know they're there....sort of.
I know all about the "wifey" and her not knowing about mods :wink: I also have a 14 month old son so I went w/ stealth factor. Most people I know that want a quiet setup go w/ these to setups:

1) Helix 3" DP w/ Daddy's intermediate pipe (w/ flex pipe)
2) TXS stealthback

Either two of these flow well and can mount to the stock STi axleback or any other 2.5" axleback...and they keep the sound level nice and tollerable.

I am also running an STi AP and love the flexibility...but there is a plethora of ECU programmers that people on this board are using: COBB AP, Utec, Hydra, ECuTek...
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

sirwilliam wrote:
wushunut wrote: As for mods. The main thing is to do mods that are stealth. That way the wifey won't know they're there....sort of.
I know all about the "wifey" and her not knowing about mods :wink: I also have a 14 month old son so I went w/ stealth factor. Most people I know that want a quiet setup go w/ these to setups:

1) Helix 3" DP w/ Daddy's intermediate pipe (w/ flex pipe)
2) TXS stealthback

Either two of these flow well and can mount to the stock STi axleback or any other 2.5" axleback...and they keep the sound level nice and tollerable.

I am also running an STi AP and love the flexibility...but there is a plethora of ECU programmers that people on this board are using: COBB AP, Utec, Hydra, ECuTek...

Yea, i would say, same DP, only a borla hush mated to an access port. And just end the engine mods there. After that comes susmension :)

Gone But not forgotten
gsx-lex
DCAWD Groupie

Post by gsx-lex »

wushunut wrote:
gsx-lex Where/who do you train with. I used to be coached by Zhang GuiFeng and Christopher Pei at the US Wushu Academy. I haven't done anything in awhile though. Pretty out of shape :oops: .
I studied with Dennis Brown for several years before college, and now that I'm back in town I've continued my training there..
Have turbo, will spool.
I <3 Lesbians
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

lol, I wouldn't know about the WAF (Wife Approval Factor), but I'm one of the guys that preaches "quiet" to all :) I have a Daddy's DP mated to a Borla Hush and it keeps things nice and quiet till you get higher in the RPM range. Even at it's loudest, it's VERY tollerable. No/little droning at speed.

For EM, I would really look at a Cobb if you don't want to play with things (and even if you do, you can always get a Street Tuner or get it tuned). Take a look here for a write up I did of your options :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.