Looking for local detailer... Adam can't fix

Make your baby look great!

Moderator: Moderators

missvenezuela85
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Looking for local detailer... Adam can't fix

Post by missvenezuela85 »

Well... I was really looking forward to the weekend....

I was going to do a photoshoot with my co-worker who has a sexy sexy Audi down at VIR... We were then going to go to NC and spend the weekend with my brother. I figured this could be my chance to expand my portfolio and get some exposure as well... Well as destiny has it... twas not to be...

I was on my way to Tj's in Alexandria, enjoying some wedding toones and the day. Sunroof down, enjoying my beautiful car and all that good stuff. I even had my Subie shirt on! Anyway... I turned the tunes down as there was a lot of traffic on Duke st (still a noobie stick driver so I get nervous with traffic and music). I make a left onto St. Asaph and cruise down... some pedestrians and cars got in the way but I was patient. Shoot... it's friday! I'm totally laid back!

Get to the third or fourth block from TJ's and I am pretty sure I got there about 1 second before this lady.. So no one else was at the four-way but me and her. She signals me to go,I raise my hand in appreciation... next thing I see is this BIG ASS SUV coming towards me... FAST and I am like WHAT THE FUCK! and I swirve to the left but no good. I got t-boned and was pushed diagonally across the intersection. WHAT THE FUCK!!!!! is all I kept yelling. The damage was done. My car got fucked up...

Everyone was ok, she didn't seem too too shaken up and asked me if I was ok. She claimed she thought I had waved her on and I was like "No I was thanking you for letting me go..." I could barely stand up after the accident. I didn't even want to look at my car. We were in the middle of the intersection. So she gets in her car to move and she is sooo pinned into me that she had to do some serious effort to pull out... omg, so I back up and course... the moron I am backed into the wrong side of the street (no accident so dont gasp), but this "lovely" couple drives by and yells at me for my incompetency to park on the wrong side of the road blocking traffic, so I am like "dont you see my car? We just got into a fucking accident! See that car over there? Thanks for your 'kindness'."

Well long story short, I'm fine. Im shaken up, angry, im hurting and heartbroken from seeing this.... :dropgob: :dropgob:

Boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants oh and www.annadventure.com <---- :eek: :plusone: & :bowd:
captainslow

Re: Looking for local detailer... Adam can't fix

Post by captainslow »

Hey chica - are you ok?

I'm sorry to hear what happened! Snowcone took quite a hit :|

I hope you're all right. Accidents are the pits. But metal can always be repaired so don't feel too bad about your car. As long as you're ok, that's what matters most.

If you need anything, lemme know.
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Sorry about the car. Glad to hear you guys are okay! As for that couple, thery're couple of bastard and I hope their house burns down.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Dude! That really sucks! :( Glad you are okay. You try to be nice and look what happens :(
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

oooof. :(

poor car. glad you're ok though.

don't take it to old town auto body. they suck. i used potomac motors on rt. 1 and was very impressed with not only their work, but their communication.
-Ben
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

the most important thing is that everyone is OK. cars come and go, your health is forever. :wink:
the damage should be very easy to fix: doors are replaceable and the front fender is replaceable, the car is new so matching the color will be easy too. as for where to take it, I have no idea. good luck and keep your chin up.
missvenezuela85

Thank you everyone for your support. Yes, thank God I am fine. I understand cars come and go, but this being my first accident i'm really shaken up. I think im most shocked because we both stopped and then we weren't going more than 5mph and thats what my car looks like. Course my car looses cuz hers was like twiceish the size of mine. Anyway, I'm chillen home today, too bummed to go out for now. I was recommended by a coworker: Springmall Auto Body. He mentioned that they were really great when they fixed his rear quarter panel on his Audi. Let me know your thoughts on that. Again, I do appreciate the support. :D
Boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants oh and www.annadventure.com <---- :eek: :plusone: & :bowd:
schvin
DCAWD Groupie

Post by schvin »

ouch, that is awful!!!

glad you are ok. good luck with the car, that really sucks! :(
2004 impreza outback
1964 beetle
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

I'm so sorry to hear (and even worse to see) what happened.
It's unbelievable how totally clueless people can be. She had to be full on the gas to that kind of damage in such a short distance.
I'm glad to hear your OK. Hope your peace of mind returns soon. It's hard to just let it go and not dwell on it. It will take some time.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

OMG Anna, I'm so sorry to see this! I'm just glad you're ok, that's all that matters. As has been said above, the car can be easily fixed.

That lady is in for a world of hurt. She T-boned you which means she wasn't paying attention... doesn't really matter who waved who on.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
missvenezuela85

Here are some more... I got a chance to see my car today and take my possessions from it. I had my nicer camera with me so I was able to take some more detailed shots...

snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Post by snaab »

Gabe's right and I'm glad you're intact. I feel your pain on the busted metal though. Should be fully repairable though, keep your head up!
RJ
'13 Mazda3
TRANS4M
Tricycle

Post by TRANS4M »

Glad you're ok.

On a side note, tempered glass is so cool looking when it breaks. Awesome pictures
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

Glad you are OK Anna!! The car can be repaired/ replaced. We can't replace you. No worries. It happens to everyone.
Sorry about the lost photo shoot.
I've heard Springmall is a Good Body Shop also. But to echo Ben, Potomac Motors is a great shop also. That is the body shop that Don Beyer Subaru uses.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

What do you mean Adam can't fix? Adam is awesome. He can buff that right out.
Jokes aside, glad it was metal and glass rather than bone and flesh.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
missvenezuela85

Thanks everyone for your words!

I had USAA set up the repairs at Potomac Motors Autobody repair. Per Matt and Ben's comments, I feel this would be best; plus if Subaru uses this shop then thats most def what I want.

On a more positive note I got to drive Adam's car today to work... Wow. Wow wow wow is all i have to say. It was so loud lol and so stiff. I keep calling it a very masculine car cuz it just feels so different from Sno Kone (she feels a lot softer), although I must admit I really did enjoy his car. Def a lot more things I like about his car vs mine but then again there are a few things I like about mine vs his. lol but all in all I think I may prefer his a lil more than sno kone, but then again sno kone saved my life so I love her for that (and shes fast).
goob_os101
DCAWD Groupie

Post by goob_os101 »

glad to see you are ok. I had a similar incident this weekend. I was in a parking garge behind a line off cars and this old dude started parking up slowly and he was inching closer and closer to the side of my car. I shouted and honked the horn, but he kept baking up. i tried using my force, but that did not work. luckily some guy slammed his hands in the hood of the old mans car and he stopped 1/2 in from my car. i was in the M35x too :buttsex:
chicken n waffles

missvenezuela85 wrote:Thanks everyone for your words!

I had USAA set up the repairs at Potomac Motors Autobody repair. Per Matt and Ben's comments, I feel this would be best; plus if Subaru uses this shop then thats most def what I want.
i'm fairly certain you'll be pleased with their work.
-Ben
missvenezuela85

Im just happy they gave me a shop choice :)
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

holy crapsticks!

sorry to be soo late to the thread. really, really glad you're okay.

i'm sure the ride will be good as new before you know it.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
missvenezuela85

Thanks! Just an update, the repairs right now are sitting at about $6800 and according to the USAA website they will take about 21 days to complete.... I talked to David yesterday at the shop and he says it will mostly go up in $$$ once they take her apart and start seeing other damage... Well atleast shes gonna be all fixed up :)

Been feeling a lil down all week as I have been driving a Kia Rio... sigh but its wheels right?! Anyways, to feel less sad I decided to drive Adam's car to work today and I feel so much better :)

The insurance mentioned putting both of us equally at fault, but the surveilance video is on its way to them which should prove otherwise.

So :dots:

Its Friday and this time ITS GOING TO BE A GOOD WEEKEND! :eek:
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Who's insurance?!? Do you have the same company? They probably want to raise BOTH your rates. :censor:
missvenezuela85

We both have USAA... but I plan to fight it if they end up faulting us both.
chicken n waffles

missvenezuela85 wrote:Thanks! Just an update, the repairs right now are sitting at about $6800 and according to the USAA website they will take about 21 days to complete.... I talked to David yesterday at the shop and he says it will mostly go up in $$$ once they take her apart and start seeing other damage... Well atleast shes gonna be all fixed up :)

Been feeling a lil down all week as I have been driving a Kia Rio... sigh but its wheels right?! Anyways, to feel less sad I decided to drive Adam's car to work today and I feel so much better :)

The insurance mentioned putting both of us equally at fault, but the surveilance video is on its way to them which should prove otherwise.

So :dots:

Its Friday and this time ITS GOING TO BE A GOOD WEEKEND! :eek:
good luck, anna. hope it all works out well.
-Ben
missvenezuela85

So here is an update from the insurance. The are going to move forward with faulting us both on the count that according to VA law the other driver had the right of way.... now my question is... according to the surveilance video, why would I have come to a full and complete stop at the stop sign??? I obviously had no intention of breaking the law... and if so why didnt the other driver go while I was stopped? Anyway, they said they are faulting us both because we miscommunicated and were both in the intersection when the accident happened... now here is my question... Who T-boned who? I didn't T-bone her, I tried to swirve, she plowed right into me... so wait... isn't that breaking a VA law that you are supposed to proceed cautiously through an intersection? mmmm....

Anyways... Shop says she wont be ready til first week of June... my rental is covered through the last week of May...

Thoughts on what I should do now? Jason mentioned at one of the meets that it didn't matter if I went to court... I was going to lose anyway... Is this what I am to expect?