Looking for local detailer... Adam can't fix

Make your baby look great!

Moderator: Moderators

ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Looking for local detailer... Adam can't fix

Post by ElZorro »

Well, i guess the question is what would you go to court over? Were you issued a ticket? Are you thinking about suing the insurance company? If you're getting a couple point 'failure to yield' ticket, and are paying a small deductable, I'd say call this a cost of driving in the DC area and move on.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Wow A, I'm really sorry to hear about the partial assignment of fault. That sucks. :(

ElZorro wrote:Well, i guess the question is what would you go to court over? Were you issued a ticket? Are you thinking about suing the insurance company? If you're getting a couple point 'failure to yield' ticket, and are paying a small deductable, I'd say call this a cost of driving in the DC area and move on.
This is an important issue. Weigh the cost of lawyer, court costs, etc against whatever your insurance rates will be after this whole ordeal. If X is less than Y, fight it.

Sometimes you can be in the right and still lose. :(
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
TRANS4M
Tricycle

Post by TRANS4M »

was there a police report?
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

complacent wrote:Sometimes you can be in the right and still lose. :(
QFTMFT
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

missvenezuela85 wrote:So here is an update from the insurance. The are going to move forward with faulting us both on the count that according to VA law the other driver had the right of way.... now my question is... according to the surveilance video, why would I have come to a full and complete stop at the stop sign??? I obviously had no intention of breaking the law... and if so why didnt the other driver go while I was stopped? Anyway, they said they are faulting us both because we miscommunicated and were both in the intersection when the accident happened... now here is my question... Who T-boned who? I didn't T-bone her, I tried to swirve, she plowed right into me... so wait... isn't that breaking a VA law that you are supposed to proceed cautiously through an intersection? mmmm....

Anyways... Shop says she wont be ready til first week of June... my rental is covered through the last week of May...

Thoughts on what I should do now? Jason mentioned at one of the meets that it didn't matter if I went to court... I was going to lose anyway... Is this what I am to expect?
insurance company has made up its mind. it isn't worth it (imo) to fight the decision.

as far as the rental car situation, call potomac motors and ask if they have a shop beater you can putt around in for a few days until the repairs are complete. you might get lucky.
-Ben
missvenezuela85
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by missvenezuela85 »

Yeah, I think I am not going to persue it but I didn't know if I was right in this choice... It just sucks cuz I can't file a depreciation claim... sigh... o well. Only two or three more weeks...
Boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants oh and www.annadventure.com <---- :eek: :plusone: & :bowd:
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Do you have the $600 or $900 rental coverage option?
If you have the $600 one, call usaa and see if you can change your policy coverage to the $900.
Worth a shot.

were there any tickets issued by the police?
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
missvenezuela85

I have the 600... but I can call them as you said and see what I can do :)

Um police report was filed but no tickets were issued.
Boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants oh and www.annadventure.com <---- :eek: :plusone: & :bowd:
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

missvenezuela85 wrote:Um police report was filed but no tickets were issued.
So then at this point your heartburn is over the deductible and the lost value because the vehicle has now had an accident?

I know some car insurance companies, and some gap insurance providers, provide a new vehicle if the accident happens within so many miles, involves drive train or suspension damage, etc. With your stuff being just cosmetic (right?), i can see why something like that wouldn't kick in.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

USAA used to offer that on cars bought with loans from them. Now days you have to pay extra for it, and it is quite a bit.
I don't think she opted for it, else she would not be in this position.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
missvenezuela85

I got some photos yesterday from the shop and this is what she is looking like:

missvenezuela85

And per Julian's request... here is the surveilance vid....

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

That video makes me very sad... and it's ridiculous the speed she was going!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Post by snaab »

Total bummer, Anna :( Always depressing with a beautiful car takes a smack, no matter who's at fault (in the eyes of the insurance company, and then in REALITY). Like we said before though, the main issue is that you're safe and sound to enjoy more Suby fun once it gets fixed up.
RJ
'13 Mazda3
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

After watching that video, I can't believe they didn't find the other driver completely at fault.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

complacent wrote:After watching that video, I can't believe they didn't find the other driver completely at fault.
:plusone: