MFin sunroof

Make your baby look great!

Moderator: Moderators

spazegun2213
teh Spaz

MFin sunroof

Post by spazegun2213 »

you know, I 've never had a sunroof till i got the bimmah. Once i had one, i loved it, i leave it open to vent hot air during the day and its nice and cool when i get in it after work. But today, like so many days I've had to run though the pouring rain. So now I'm soaked, and all in the name of trying to save my car from becoming a fish bowl. Now i remember why I hate sunroofs!
96 328, heated leather seats... ummm

Gone But not forgotten
'05 Black Sti, the car that started it all
84 944, my first race car.. what a pos
83 944.. 150hp of FURY, Rookie of the year chariot
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: MFin sunroof

Post by complacent »

Manual convertible top ala Miata is the only way one should deal with the sun in a car.

IMHO.

Sorry you got soaked.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
moxnix
Tricycle

Post by moxnix »

complacent wrote:Manual convertible top ala Miata is the only way one should deal with the sun in a car.
Of course if you leave those down in the rain you have even more water to deal with.

moxnix - still wet from leaving the top down yesterday.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

:rolllaugh: :rolllaugh: :rolllaugh: :rolllaugh: :rolllaugh:

I miss having a sunroof like no other, but I also always made sure as hell to close it if I knew it was even going to sprinkle!

I did however, go off roading one day with the sunroof open on my Jeep.... Ya, it was interesting when muddy water came flying in through the sunroof!!!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

:postwhore:
-Ben
schvin
DCAWD Groupie

Post by schvin »

ha, d'oh!

i do miss the t-tops on my mr2. ah well.
2004 impreza outback
1964 beetle
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

I have an aftermarket Webasto in my FXT... automatically closes when you turn the car off, and if you don't want it to you hit one button and it stays open. :)
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

ElZorro wrote:I have an aftermarket Webasto in my FXT...
IIRC, you've had that since you first got the car. Had any problems with it? Leaks?

--Alan
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

WRXWagon2112 wrote:
ElZorro wrote:I have an aftermarket Webasto in my FXT...
IIRC, you've had that since you first got the car. Had any problems with it? Leaks?

--Alan
Yea, it was 'dealer installed' (contracted out to Seatco in Arlington) prior to pickup. No leaks at all. Only problem I've ever had (and I'm having right now) is you have to reprogram it after a dead battery. There is a certain sequence and I always forget... :(
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
moxnix
Tricycle

Post by moxnix »

ElZorro wrote:There is a certain sequence and I always forget... :(
Try Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Thats the first thing I always try... I got 30 extra lives and skipped to the last level, but the bitch still doesn't work right :?
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

I never wanted a sunroof on my foz but didn't know it came w/ one from the factory until I went to Richmond to pick it up. You know the subaru site keeps on those things w/ up to date info :roll: I have used it twice since owning. I have fears of it leaking and/or the motor dying so the less I use it, the better IMHO.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

sirwilliam wrote:I have fears of it leaking and/or the motor dying so the less I use it, the better IMHO.
Based on my experience with a sunroof/moonroof in my VW Golf, I think those kinds of fears are no longer valid. Designers and engineers now have a good handle on sunroof/moonroof design so unless you do something stupid like take a knife to the seals it won't leak and the motor won't burn out.

--Alan
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

WRXWagon2112 wrote:
sirwilliam wrote:I have fears of it leaking and/or the motor dying so the less I use it, the better IMHO.
Based on my experience with a sunroof/moonroof in my VW Golf, I think those kinds of fears are no longer valid. Designers and engineers now have a good handle on sunroof/moonroof design so unless you do something stupid like take a knife to the seals it won't leak and the motor won't burn out.

--Alan
Tell that to the people that had theirs leak and/or their motor go out on them...and these are newer subies. A motor will always go bad at some point as will most seals ...but when is the question (yes, there are standard maintenance procedures to prolong and, yes, newer products are made/designed to last longer). I just didn't want to have one more thing to worry about but I didn't have a choice in the matter.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
moxnix
Tricycle

Post by moxnix »

If I have a sunroof on a car I am going to use it. Would you not use the A/C because it might go bad? Or be afraid to drive on your tires because they might wear out? I would be more worried about seals that are never used than ones that get used more often.

My contour had a known issue with the sunroof motor gears but I still used it and never had problems with it.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I <3 my sunroof 8)
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

moxnix wrote:I would be more worried about seals that are never used than ones that get used more often.
Exactly my thought on the topic!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.