Cleaning interior?

Make your baby look great!

Moderator: Moderators

Tallen
I'm a n000b

Cleaning interior?

Post by Tallen »

Awhile back I ran a used parts eBay side business and quite often the GSX became parts hauler. So now the tan interior panels in the trunk are damn near black with grease, grime and what have you. I am no cleaning expert, whats the best thing to use to get that crap off? Simple green and some Mr Clean magic erasers was my best guess. Anyone have any better suggestions that won't ruin the plastic? How about getting deep into the mini crevices in the textured plastic/faux leather?
-Matt
97 GSX
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

the Mr Clean (no relation) magic erasers are great but I'd test one out on a small spot to be sure they don't disfigure the panels. I used one on textured wallpaper in the living room (hello 1978) and while it took the spot off it also took off the texture. :lol:

Simple Green and a soft plastic brush (tooth brush maybe) would probably work best.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

In addition to the above, I'd try a citrus based cleaner like Goo Gone. It should be able to cut through the grease.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.