Placement of Gauges

Make your baby look great!

Moderator: Moderators

STIwannaBE
I'm a n000b

Placement of Gauges

Post by STIwannaBE »

I was looking through magazines of different gauges and deciding which ones to get and there placement. If anybody would like to voice their opinion on their company of choice and/or post pics of what they have done would be good to see, give me ideas. im looking into hks db/rs meter series
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

I'm a pretty staunch supporter of the AutoMeter gauge bezel mount. Holds two gauges, looks stealth and you don't have to train yourself to look in yet another direction to monitor your engine's vitals.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

:plusone: I love mine.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

I'm partial to the clock pod dual bezel replacement. I have the 3-pod one, but nothing in the third pod. Wish I would have gone the big dual 3" bezel route. Other from the sizing, the placement is simple, easy, and abundant wiring and access to firewall holes.

I also think that the driver side airvent is a low impact gauge holder that looks pretty neat. Just loose your ability to defog your window...
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

i'm going the exact route this guy on nasioc did. maddad ti v2 boost gauge w/ a subiegal.com gauge pod that fits snug against the driver's side a-pillar. no drilling or cutting required.

the parts have been sitting in the garage. just gotta stop being lazy and install them :oops: .
-Ben
hotsam
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by hotsam »

complacent wrote:I'm a pretty staunch supporter of the AutoMeter gauge bezel mount. Holds two gauges, looks stealth and you don't have to train yourself to look in yet another direction to monitor your engine's vitals.
Agreed.
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

Ben im digging that gauge pod. How much did you pick it up for?
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Phibs »

hotsam wrote:
complacent wrote:I'm a pretty staunch supporter of the AutoMeter gauge bezel mount. Holds two gauges, looks stealth and you don't have to train yourself to look in yet another direction to monitor your engine's vitals.
Agreed.
Ditto!
Bryan
2012 WRX 5-Door Limited
chicken n waffles

Bluestreak2006 wrote:Ben im digging that gauge pod. How much did you pick it up for?
$60 plus shipping

http://www.subiegal.com/forsale/forsale.html
-Ben
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

$60 bucks for a friggin pod. My electonic boost gauge and pod was like 65 dollars. Ouch
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Bluestreak2006 wrote:$60 bucks for a friggin pod. My electonic boost gauge and pod was like 65 dollars. Ouch
Welcome to the world of Suby mods 8)
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Bluestreak2006 wrote:$60 bucks for a friggin pod. My electonic boost gauge and pod was like 65 dollars. Ouch
it's a low volume "custom" piece. I got a pod that mounts to the steering column like the Subaru dealer installed boost gauge. I can't remember the price but it was cheep.
psmwrx
I walk to work

Post by psmwrx »

[quote]i'm going the exact route this guy on nasioc did. maddad ti v2 boost gauge w/ a subiegal.com gauge pod that fits snug against the driver's side a-pillar. no drilling or cutting required.

Remove the usless AC knobs and put them there. Its free. Then move the AC behind the ashtray door. Worked for me.
chicken n waffles

psmwrx wrote:
i'm going the exact route this guy on nasioc did. maddad ti v2 boost gauge w/ a subiegal.com gauge pod that fits snug against the driver's side a-pillar. no drilling or cutting required.

Remove the usless AC knobs and put them there. Its free. Then move the AC behind the ashtray door. Worked for me.
i considered that too on the recommendation of several nasioc'ers, but i wanted to have it at-or-near eye level for obvious reasons. i noticed that even the gauge i had mounted on my baja's steering column was distracting because i always wanted to monitor boost (esp. after getting it protuned), so i ended up looking down at it and not the road.
-Ben