Installed some Alcantara in the 135i

Make your baby look great!

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Installed some Alcantara in the 135i

Post by Mr Kleen »

I apologize in advance for the crappy cell-phone pic. :oops:

I installed the BMW Performance Alcantara steering wheel and had a emergency brake boot made to match. I installed the wheel about 2 months ago but just got the e-brake boot delivered a few days ago. Today being a holiday, I decided to install the boot after I had slept off my hangover from yesterday's Fasching parade. :cheers: I also ordered some extra Alcantara with the plan being to cover the silver trim across the dash and the door handles. I may need to get a smooth finish trim before I cover it as the M-Sport trim has a fish scale texture on it and I'm not sure how well the Alcantara will look if it's applied over that. I also have the long-term goal of having the gauge cluster binnacle and the boot on the DCT shift selector covered. I've yet to see anyone change the DCT boot so that may require a bit of extra leg work. All this is assuming I don't trade it in this summer... :rolllaugh:
photo.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
captainslow
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Re: Installed some Alcantara in the 135i

Post by captainslow »

Looking good!
Since my car is a dog hair vortex, I can't have alcantara. :( It looks really nice in your car. Please don't trade in that awesome ride!
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

But what if it is for more awesomer?

Watch out, Blixa has got a three fifty-seven....post count, that is.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I always wanted to the the WRX's wheel covered in Alcantara but never had the cash to do it. I'm not gonna lie, it feels great.

The same guy who made the e-brake boot makes a boot for the M3's DCT so maybe he can make one for the 135. The installation on the M3 is fairly involved. As I understand it, the boot is sewn directly to the DCT shift handle. :ugh:
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

Schveet! Looks great Gabe.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Looking GOOD man!!!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.