Re: Install Day - April 11th or 18th?

Post by HappyIdiot »

Hey! I don't have a rubber mallet. I'll send you a pm in a sec :D
My Name is Adam.
missvenezuela85
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by missvenezuela85 »

Yay... I guess this mean I gotta clean. Lol. I'm going to Giant today. What kind of Beer do y'all like? Let me know ASAP. Thanks!
Boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants oh and www.annadventure.com <---- :eek: :plusone: & :bowd:
missvenezuela85

Ok well since I didn't hear back from anyone... you get Heineken
Boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants oh and www.annadventure.com <---- :eek: :plusone: & :bowd:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

<=== Doesn't drink beer.... water does just fine, I'm like a plant.... with more goo inside :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Water works for me. Or yuengling black & tan. :mrgreen:
missvenezuela85

Well I bought a box of Heineken...

Was wondering... y'all want pizza for dinner? :eek:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

No need to supply all this stuff! We all owe Adam some wrenching time anyway!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
missvenezuela85

Wow.... I didn't think people would be reluctant to free beer and pizza.... :notcool:

Well I will not get involved anymore, this is Adam's party not mine :leaving:
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

Sabre wrote:No need to supply all this stuff! We all owe Adam some wrenching time anyway!

You guys don't owe my anything. I'm super happy for the help though. If anyone needs a hand, I'm more than happy to lend a hand! :wiggle:
My Name is Adam.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

So how far did you all make it tonight? Sorry I had to bail, I ended up catching up with my dad on the road to my place, lol!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it. Two tests and a professor that enjoys "wasting" my weekends isn't exactly what I had in mind. :(

Do you need help with anything else? Were you able to finish?
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

Thank you for the help everyone! I can't wait to drive it again. We finished up in the engine bay, installed the heat shield, and re-installed the tmic. We then hunted for all our tools, I have someone's flat head btw. It has a black handle with red inserts. We still have the cbe, double check everything, and switch to the stage 2 map. I should be home at 630 tomorrow, but can try to leave early if you are free :-)
My Name is Adam.
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

complacent wrote:I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it. Two tests and a professor that enjoys "wasting" my weekends isn't exactly what I had in mind. :(

Do you need help with anything else? Were you able to finish?
Dude that sucks. I'm,sorry to hear that. We are so close to being done. We hit a few snags with the headers, up, and dp; It took a little extra massaging. :lol
My Name is Adam.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

HappyIdiot wrote: It took a little extra massaging. :lol
Next time I'm bringing my sledge :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

I talked to my boss, he said I could leave an hour early. So, I should be home around 5:45 today.
My Name is Adam.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I'm headed in for my thing at 2, so I'll be out of commission for a day or two. Sorry mang :(
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

Aww, Good Luck!!!! Thank you for your help again :nana:
My Name is Adam.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Soon as Julian is up to speed (see what I did there) I'll be ready to lend a hand.
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

Last night I installed my CBE and flashed the ECU. I took it for a quick test drive too, under 4k. The heat shield is rattling like crazy. I need to trim the front bottom corner on the passenger side of the heat shield a little bit. Also, I think the headers are touching the under carriage tray on the passenger side. I need to take a look to confirm. I had a strong burning plastic smell coming from the engine bay and when I felt the under carriage tray, it was very hot.
My Name is Adam.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Yeah, most aftermarket headers don't have heat shields like the stock pieces do. You should be able to fit an aluminum skid plate under there and then not have to worry about plastic bits catching on fire. Or just leave the tray off.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

HappyIdiot wrote:The heat shield is rattling like crazy. I need to trim the front bottom corner on the passenger side of the heat shield a little bit.
you might want to trim the stock heat shield and reinstall it until you can find a shop to cut that COBB heat shield. it would be a shame to apply the tin snips to such a pretty piece of under-hood jewelery. :mrgreen:
HappyIdiot wrote:Also, I think the headers are touching the under carriage tray on the passenger side. I need to take a look to confirm. I had a strong burning plastic smell coming from the engine bay and when I felt the under carriage tray, it was very hot.
I installed a skid plate with 1/2" spacers to get around this issue. and remember that pipes and heat wrap will smoke for a while when they're new.
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

Mr Kleen wrote:
HappyIdiot wrote:The heat shield is rattling like crazy. I need to trim the front bottom corner on the passenger side of the heat shield a little bit.
you might want to trim the stock heat shield and reinstall it until you can find a shop to cut that COBB heat shield. it would be a shame to apply the tin snips to such a pretty piece of under-hood jewelery. :mrgreen:
Yeah, I'm a little sad, but the rattle is just as loud as the rumble. I'm going to try and remove as little as possible to make it fit without the rattle.
Mr Kleen wrote:
HappyIdiot wrote:Also, I think the headers are touching the under carriage tray on the passenger side. I need to take a look to confirm. I had a strong burning plastic smell coming from the engine bay and when I felt the under carriage tray, it was very hot.
I installed a skid plate with 1/2" spacers to get around this issue. and remember that pipes and heat wrap will smoke for a while when they're new.
I remembered about the pipes and wrap smoking, but this smelt like melting plastic. I'm going to pull my under carriage tray off and see if I can see any melting. I might need to get a skid plate too...
My Name is Adam.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

you can run without the tray, but rain or course gravel would make me nervous.
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

Mr Kleen wrote:you can run without the tray, but rain or course gravel would make me nervous.
Agreed! I'd rather have something on underneath. Some trimming maybe in order.
My Name is Adam.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Mr Kleen wrote:and remember that pipes and heat wrap will smoke for a while when they're new.
Second that, with a pretty caustic smell as well.