Intake Plenum

Audi too loud or not loud enough?

Moderator: Moderators

Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Intake Plenum

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Not sure if this goes into this forum or not. Feel free to move it if need be. I just felt like sharing something interesting.

My sponsor who is fabricating the carbon fiber dashboard for me recently custom designed a plenum cover for another customer. The results were very impressive.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Intake Plenum

Post by Sabre »

Very nice!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

wow, that's purdy. :)
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Lifted a response from another forum from him.
plenum volume is immense. ~6 liters vs 2 stock. if that. i treid to reduce plenum volume as much as possible, but that was about as low as i could get with a proper taper on the elbow.
on that dyno, a 280hp 350z normally dynoes at 210-220whp. so doing 327 with just this plenum top, headers, exhaust and cams(262/10.8mm) at ~20 more than the stock plenum cover, and ~ 17 more than the cosworth manifold. there's a guy with much larger cams, 12.5:1 compression, nismo heads etc etc etc and he's only putting out 320whp. so Sasha is going to be doing a back to back, it'll prolly end up being ~ 25 more than stock since the engine is really dying and has seen several seasons of racing. so i'm sure he'll test on his other 350z. expecting 15+ on a stock engine and stock TB. we'll see. very, VERY few fully built high compression NA VQs break 300whp. i did a LOT of homework on this. we're talkign over a hundred itterations fully flow tested! and i'm really REALLY REALLY REALLY glad it worked out so well. and REALLY glad i positively stomped the cosworth entire manifold so hard with just a plenum cover!!
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

As long as it is flow tested at all ports, I don't care how ugly it looks.
BTW, ugly this is not.
Glad to hear that he is going to take time to reduce the volume to keep the velocity up and flow laminar.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Jason worked his ass off literally until the last day. He is one of the hardest working fabricators I know. He works tirelessly until he's happy with it...and his standards are very high. I'm thrilled that he's sponsoring me with all the custom carbon fiber parts I need.
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Video of it being tested.

You might recognize this guy if you have seen the video of the longtube headers on the 350z

http://vimeo.com/8948049
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Very nice! :D
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer