Two new wraps from Thermo-Tec and DEI

Audi too loud or not loud enough?

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Two new wraps from Thermo-Tec and DEI

Post by Sabre »

Figured I would post up about these two new wraps.

GENERATION II COPPER HEADER WRAP
Generation II Copper Header Wrap improves heat resistance up to 30% more than current technology, by utilizing a new proprietary coating developed by Thermo-Tec; improved Thermal-Conduction-Technology (T-C-T). Generation II Copper Exhaust Wrap creates more horsepower and reduces under-hood temperatures, increases exhaust scavenging, withstands continuous heat up to 2000ºF, contains no asbestos.
Titanium Wrap with LR Technology
Constructed from pulverized lava rock, extruded into fibers and then woven into a tight weave gives this material titanium-like strength and toughness. This improvement in thermal protection helps reduce underhood temperatures resulting in cooler air intake for improved performance. And less heat in the engine bay means reducing the chances of “heat soak” conditions on vital underhood components.

Titanium Wrap is extremely durable and capable of handling more heat than any other wrap found in the market today. Typical glass fiber wrap is rated at handling 1200 degrees F of maximum direct heat, while Design Engineering’s new Titanium Wrap, using LR Technology, is capable of handling direct continuous heat up to 1800 degrees F and radiant heat up to 2800 degrees F. And because it’s pliable, there’s no need to wet the wrap when wrapping headers or pipes as many do in order to make the wrapping process easier to manage and to get a “tight” wrap

I just ordered the Ti Wrap for my new headers, so I'll post up a review soon :) For the Ti Wrap, ties and paint, it runs you around $60.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Two new wraps from Thermo-Tec and DEI

Post by Mr Kleen »

I used the copper impregnated wrap. I can't prove it's any better than the standard wrap but it looks cool. :mrgreen:
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

Did you go with the two or one inch width?
My Name is Adam.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I went with the 2 inch. Cuts down on the time to wrap :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

2" is best, unless it's a really complicated piece with lots of turns and multiple pipes coming together.
soak the wrap in warm water for a bit and stretch it tight as you wrap. give it a few days to dry completely.