02 WRX Stock Exhaust vs. STI stock Exhaust

Audi too loud or not loud enough?

Moderator: Moderators

02SilverWRX
Unicycle

02 WRX Stock Exhaust vs. STI stock Exhaust

Post by 02SilverWRX »

I happened to run across a guy who goes to class at my school and he handed me a slightly used sti stock exhaust... What is the difference between the two and would it be worth it for me to go ahead and install it tomorrow? i mean it will be free because i am doing it myself but does anybody think i will get anything positive out of it?
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

The STi is the larger single tip and probably has a bit less resistance to flow.

I actually like the twin tip of the older WRXs over the single tipped ones.

I don't think you would get much perceptible performance gains, but will probably change the tone/note.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
02SilverWRX
Unicycle

Post by 02SilverWRX »

zaxrex wrote:I don't think you would get much perceptible performance gains, but will probably change the tone/note.
Yeah I figured there wouldnt be much of a performance gain but i would like to hear a little change in tone... I plan on upgrading to an aftermarket exhaust soon anyways but hey, it will make a fun time after work to install a new exhaust system instead of just sitting at home doing nothing!