UPipe and EWG

Audi too loud or not loud enough?

Moderator: Moderators

Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

UPipe and EWG

Post by Phibs »

What would be the best setup if I wanted to go EWG?

I currently have a Cobb TBE.
Bryan
2012 WRX 5-Door Limited
hotsam
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by hotsam »

Ultimate Racing (out of Toronto) has a pretty good upppipe...not sure what turbo you're going with.
Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Phibs »

I have the FP TD06-20G
Bryan
2012 WRX 5-Door Limited
hotsam
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by hotsam »

Phibs wrote:I have the FP TD06-20G
On your car already?
Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Phibs »

Yes I did not think of uppipe first ;)
Bryan
2012 WRX 5-Door Limited
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Gruppe-S sells an external wastgate up-pipe with a tial wastgate for $399. You can also get a helix down-pipe with an External wastegate port already on it for $199 but it doesn't have a cat on it.

TurboXS makes on as well for $329 (no wastegate) but their's may have fitment issues with your down-pipe.

Are you planing to dump to atmoshere or are you going to custom fab a tube to your down-pipe?
Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Phibs »

drwrx wrote:Gruppe-S sells an external wastgate up-pipe with a tial wastgate for $399. You can also get a helix down-pipe with an External wastegate port already on it for $199 but it doesn't have a cat on it.

TurboXS makes on as well for $329 (no wastegate) but their's may have fitment issues with your down-pipe.

Are you planing to dump to atmoshere or are you going to custom fab a tube to your down-pipe?
Would the helix DP fit on my cobb midpipe? Basically I want to replace as little as possible... and maybe nothing if you guys don't think EWG is worth it.
Bryan
2012 WRX 5-Door Limited
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Phibs wrote:Would the helix DP fit on my cobb midpipe? Basically I want to replace as little as possible... and maybe nothing if you guys don't think EWG is worth it.
Yes, the Helix dp should match-up to your Cobb cat-back.
You do realize you have to have the internal wastegate on the 20G welded shut to use an external set-up?

An external wastegate usually adds another 15-20 whp depending on turbo set-up over an internal. You would also need a retune.
Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Phibs »

drwrx wrote:
Phibs wrote:Would the helix DP fit on my cobb midpipe? Basically I want to replace as little as possible... and maybe nothing if you guys don't think EWG is worth it.
Yes, the Helix dp should match-up to your Cobb cat-back.
You do realize you have to have the internal wastegate on the 20G welded shut to use an external set-up?

An external wastegate usually adds another 15-20 whp depending on turbo set-up over an internal. You would also need a retune.
Yep I understand both parts :) Seems like it might be worth it then, we'll see how she runs after the 740cc from Deatshwerks arrive Thursday.
Bryan
2012 WRX 5-Door Limited