Gah!

Audi too loud or not loud enough?

Moderator: Moderators

Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Gah!

Post by Cereb Daithi »

This is useless on here but I figured I'd post it up just in case any of you guys knew anyone in the Pittsburgh area that might be able to help me.

Quote from my nasioc post:
This is a very unusual request but I'm in a bind. I have a 2005 2.5 RS. The resonator on the midpipe came apart at the welds and I'm now stuck with an exhaust in two pieces. I leave for Washington D.C. tomorrow for a meeting with some clients which means that I have no hope of making it there without heavy fines from the whole way along the trip for running an open exhaust. I have a full header-back exhaust currently on order but it won't be here until next week or so. Subaru cannot order anything until next week.. and since I'm getting a full exhaust shortly anyways there is no point in buying a new resonator. Noone seems to want to weld the resonator back up either. I would rent a car but I'm a few months shy of 21 and cannot unless I submit an insurance claim. That won't work because I'm already on shaky ground with my insurance company after some issues last winter.

What I need is to RENT a catback or midpipe from someone. I have borla headers on the car right now which might have been what caused the resonator failure so an aftermarket one would be preferable so ensure no problems occur.

I'm looking into other solutions at the moment but I wanted to put this up here to see if any local Pittsburgh/Monroeville area guys had anything that could help me.

Please though if you have anything that can help me call my cell at (412)965-4408. I'll be available all day.

Thank you.

Here's the problem:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

So I take it you got this resolved?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Temporary fix is exhaust tape.

Otherwise you must replace it. I recommend Stainless Steel, Titanium, or Unobtanium next time :wink:
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Here it is off the car

Here it is back on the car with the fix

sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Hmm...bad pics. Can't tell what the fix was...I sure hope it wasn't rubber bands and bubble gum.

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Sorry for the crappy quality.

I'll give you a hint.

Having a professional welder for a friend really pays off.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Cereb Daithi wrote:Sorry for the crappy quality.

I'll give you a hint.

Having a professional welder for a friend really pays off.
Hmm...nope, I got nothing. :lol:

So it is good to go? No leaks?

Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

No leaks whatsoever. A new exhaust is planned though.. I'm concerned about this one giving way again down the road.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Cereb Daithi wrote:No leaks whatsoever. A new exhaust is planned though.. I'm concerned about this one giving way again down the road.
Yeah, I would be concerned as well. Are you going for a better lasting metal this time?

Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Strömung stainless.

While full titanium is nice.. i don't have that kind of money. Although I'm running into issues now because I can't pay for the exhaust that was planned because of a long expected payment not happening.