TB coupler fix

Audi too loud or not loud enough?

Moderator: Moderators

FreddyG
Bicycle

TB coupler fix

Post by FreddyG »

anyone know how to do this, ive read it could be a problem when going above stock boost and could leave you stranded! I tried having someone on nasioc explain it to me but it still didn't help.
"If you see a bomb technician running, follow him."
- USAF Ammo Troop
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: TB coupler fix

Post by Mr Kleen »

Throttle Body coupler fix??? Never heard of it. I went to stage 3 on my 2004 WRX and never had any issues with the connection to the throttle body, and I had my share of issues. :lol:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

What exactly is the problem? First I have heard of this... and between Zak and Mr. K, they would have had it if it was a real problem :lol:

Have a link to anything about it?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
FreddyG
Bicycle

Post by FreddyG »

http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/20 ... ndex4.html

cant find the original that talks about someone getting stranded and having to pull the maf out to limp it home, but this has happened on a few 2011s that are modified i guess.
- USAF Ammo Troop
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

I once didn't tighten the TB connector down enough and popped it off under boost.
Sport of hard to tell what the actual issue is on that thread.
Just spray some hair spray on the coupler before you put it on And make sur the clamps are on tight, but not too tight. I killed Julians turbo inlet like that.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
FreddyG
Bicycle

Post by FreddyG »

basically he flashed to stage 1 with an aem cai like im going to do, and his tb coupler came off and left him stranded until it was put back on, its just sometimes I drive from maryland to Pennsylvania like 5 hours and would hate to have that happen with noone i knew around me to help me out if something like that did happen, i dont even know how to get to it do i have to take the tmic off?
- USAF Ammo Troop
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

I would wonder if that guy hadn't tightened the coupler back on after messing with the top mount and blew it off like I did. I think the stock coupling and tightness would withstand the minor boost increase.
If you want to add some assurance, you could add a few slip collar or screw clamps without taking the IC off.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Ya, I'm guessing he just didn't tighten it enough. The worst that could happen is that you will need a screwdriver/8mm/10mm to fix it, so I wouldn't worry too much. The hairspray is a new thing to me though!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.