Want to make funny sounds with your engine?

Grinding, replacing, filling and more in here

Moderator: Moderators

zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Want to make funny sounds with your engine?

Post by zaxrex »

Switch (by accident) the coil pack connectors on moth sides of the engine. Instead of 1-3-2-4, it goes 3-1-4-2.
Pop pop gurgle furgle pop furgle pop pop.

Oops.
But seriously now.
In trying to dry out the cyls, I removed the plugs (which were coated in a gas oil mixture) and turned the engine over my hand with a socket on the crank bolt. Just for fun, I wanted to see how different it would feel turning it the same way with the plugs back in. In went the plugs, I I could tell no real difference. :shock:
The engine had been cold for a day, but I should have heard some air going through the valves, or the PCV system shouldn't I?

Does Julian still have the leakdown tester?
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Want to make funny sounds with your engine?

Post by complacent »

oh crap!

i've never tried to pump out a flooded boxer before...

:cry:
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

If you leave the spark plugs out for a day (even in this frigid cold!) it should dry the cycl out. I have the compression tester here that you are more than welcome to borrow. I'm home all day and all weekend, so feel free to drop by :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Wow, I hope everything is okay!

My gut reaction is that all should be fine as combustion never took place. Your pistons were never in a position to impact the valves as the timing belt had never moved. Your cyclinders are just awash with fuel (though the oil mixture is a bit troubling).

I'm crossing my fingers.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

drwrx wrote:(though the oil mixture is a bit troubling).
I wouldn't be surprised if that was just the oil that was coating the cycl walls that came off from the gas sitting in there. Washing of the cycl walls FTL :(
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

:ugh:
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

drwrx wrote:My gut reaction is that all should be fine as combustion never took place.
It was self sustaining with one bank hooked up right. Sounded like butt though. That is when I went back and switched the order on the other bank to match the first. Too bad the first bank was the one that was wrong.

Once I got the wires all right, started it up just fine and idle was smooth. I'm not worried about it, but just thought I should have had more resistance to the crank turning when the plugs were in.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

zaxrex wrote:Once I got the wires all right, started it up just fine and idle was smooth. I'm not worried about it, but just thought I should have had more resistance to the crank turning when the plugs were in.
And there was MUCH Rejoicing!

I'm glad to hear that all is well, you had me worried there.