Shifter feedback while in gear? (STi)

Grinding, replacing, filling and more in here

Moderator: Moderators

complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Shifter feedback while in gear? (STi)

Post by complacent »

Fellas,

Got a question for you. In your STi's, do you receive much feedback from your shifter while you're in gear (i.e. vibration, etc)? Or specifically moreso in one gear than any other? I think I'm noticing a little extra vibration while the car is in second gear, like the shifter jiggles around in place a little more than the others.

Gear selection is fine, no problems with engagement or shifting in or out of any of the gears. No grinding, no noise, etc. For all intents and purposes the tranny functions without complaint.

*confused*

Could it be that I'm just getting used to a transmission I've never fondled before and am being hyper-sensitive?

Any opinions (related to the transmission, lol) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I've never noticed that, but I'll pay a little closer attention on the way home to see :) It's it all the time, or just while going through the gears in a sprint?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

It's all the time and it seems to be most pronounced while in second gear... Next time we get together I'll let you check it out.

Like I said, it may be the way it's supposed to be. But if it's not, I wanna get it looked at and fixed before I start modding the bjeezus outta it. :)
colin

i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

bluscooby23 wrote:It's all the time and it seems to be most pronounced while in second gear... Next time we get together I'll let you check it out.
Busy tomorrow? Swing by and we can switch rides :) I'm starting my FMIC install tomorrow at 8am at my house
bluscooby23 wrote: Like I said, it may be the way it's supposed to be. But if it's not, I wanna get it looked at and fixed before I start modding the bjeezus outta it. :)
You mod something? NEVER! :rolllaugh:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

unfortunately i think i am going to be hella busy tomorrow. i've got to get my city of alexandria sticker, get a few parts from don beyer, get the wrx up to MD where my tools are and start stripping her guts. since damn near everyone is going to be out of town the next weekend and my father's having a birthday cook out that weekend, I'm just gonig to get started this weekend and see how much I can't get done.

Boy I'm going to miss the lil blue fella :'(

Thanks for the invite though. Have fun with your FMIC install. It isn't difficult at all, you just gotta be patient when cutting teh bumper. Make sure you have some good tin snips (left and right angle) sharpies, straight edge, files, etc.

I did mine in the dark and it took about two hours to cut it right. Lossa test fitting, lol. :)

I think the first two things to come out are going to be the fmic and cage... we'll see how ambitious I feel.
colin

i <3 teh 00ntz