clutch and flywheel install

Grinding, replacing, filling and more in here

Moderator: Moderators

NeoZERO
I'm a n000b

clutch and flywheel install

Post by NeoZERO »

So the 50k miles I've put on the stock clutch is starting to take it's toll... time for an upgrade via Ptuning parts. I'm looking to do the install myself this weekend and was wondering if anyone wanted to come down to quantico to give me a hand. I'll be working on it Sat/Sun depending on who can help. I have the wonderful SPT instructions so I should be fine, but always nice to have a hand who knows. Also if you have any tips that would be great as well.
A kind word can go far, but a kind word and a gun is unstopable
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Sorry mang, all booked up this weekend. :-( I've heard the hardest part is separating teh trans from teh engine. Other than that, it should be a relatively straightforward clutch install.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Yeah, that is the hard part. I wish I could be ther, but they have me baing a stranger to my own home these days. Good luck.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

What time are you getting started? I *might* have a few hours to spare.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
NeoZERO
I'm a n000b

Post by NeoZERO »

well, no install this weekend. Didn't have the parts in stock. So I'm going to be pressed for time on friday. I have a golf tournament that I hope to be done with by noon so I have time to pick it up and install, ready to roll by 8 pm . If I over shoot that time, no hyperfest :cry:
A kind word can go far, but a kind word and a gun is unstopable