hey guys. this is jeff (wrxyz)......im in a big rut

Grinding, replacing, filling and more in here

Moderator: Moderators

wrxyz
I'm a n000b

hey guys. this is jeff (wrxyz)......im in a big rut

Post by wrxyz »

hey guys,

a week ago my damn 02 wrx trans grenaded on me and i've been searching the internet for a decent priced transmission solution.....anyone of have any good ideas or know anyone or anywhere/site that has a good deal? the best deal i've found so far is at vividracing.com which includes the sti trans, r180 rear differential, rear halfshafts, and rear brembo brakes for $6500 but is still a killer for my wallet....thanks

jeff
hotsam
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by hotsam »

The STi RA Ver.6 Close Ratio Gearset is less than $1500.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

I guess that's an acceptable excuse for not making it to more meets... :) Good luck man!
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
AJ711
Bicycle

Re: hey guys. this is jeff (wrxyz)......im in a big rut

Post by AJ711 »

wrxyz wrote:hey guys,

a week ago my damn 02 wrx trans grenaded on me and i've been searching the internet for a decent priced transmission solution.....anyone of have any good ideas or know anyone or anywhere/site that has a good deal? the best deal i've found so far is at vividracing.com which includes the sti trans, r180 rear differential, rear halfshafts, and rear brembo brakes for $6500 but is still a killer for my wallet....thanks

jeff
Do NOT touch Vivid with a 100' pole. Search NASIOC for your answer why.

That being said, search out Andrew on NASIOC in the Mid-A area for a good answer to your tranny woes. He left Hilmuth and has opened his own shop (finally) and does EXCELLENT work. Definitely worth the time and money.

Good luck with the rebuild and whatever else you may do.

AJ
Cage: '98 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS, caged Uncaged: '05 Suzuki SV650S
'03 Forester XS, Team Grocery Getter
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Are you looking to upgrade your drive line, or just get something in there that will keep you going to work?

This might be late, but I have a gear case and assembled stock gears ready to go into the case. All you would have to do (besides helping me get it from down south of CHarlottesville) would be to get the gear lash tollerances adjusted if needed and have the case sealed.

I bought a STi gearset from RalliSpec and had Andrew (then at Hillmuth) do the assembly. The labor and parts was around $600, but that was about half of what he normally charges. I already had the case opened, gears removed, normally he would have to remove the tranny, take it apart, see what parts needed replacing, synchro cones and such, assemble it with the right backlash and then install it.

If you are interested in my case and gears or just the case, PM me or ask for the water injection whore at the HT meet on Monday.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

zaxrex wrote: If you are interested in my case and gears or just the case, PM me or ask for the water injection whore at the HT meet on Monday.
lol, you probably will not be the only WI person at this meet.. I'm bringing along someone I met recently who has some tricks up her sleeve.

Damnit I need to get my WI goodness going!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.