No votes
OTHER?
50%

Total votes: 2

sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Clutch going which should I get now?

Post by sirwilliam »

I am really looking at the SPEC stage 2 or 3 clutch to upgrade to. I want something that can handle the power but still be driveable/streetable. What you guys think?

I think I will get the spec than detune (run low boost map) until I can afford the $3000 PPG gears.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
hotsam
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by hotsam »

How much power are you putting down?

I've got the ACT, and it's been ok but the pedal feel is pretty heavy. I'm switiching to SPEC in the next month or so.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

hotsam wrote:How much power are you putting down?

I've got the ACT, and it's been ok but the pedal feel is pretty heavy. I'm switiching to SPEC in the next month or so.
Haven't dyno'd but looking close to ~300WHP and ~300+ft/lbs. My clutch started acting funny on Sunday.

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

With a five speed (even though you've got the 4.44 final drive) I wouldn't recommend going much stronger than the stock clutch. 3 OEM clutches are still cheaper than a gearbox, FWIW.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Well, just got off the phone w/ Dan and he was saying the stock clutch is a stage 0 exedy clutch and it will cost me $350 plus $500 for labor...$850 ouch.

I am going to see if I can get the stock clutch for cheaper...that labor is what hurts...but I know if Dan does it, it will be done right.

zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

sirwilliam wrote: My clutch started acting funny on Sunday.
See, have Zak drive your car and he screws everything all up.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

zaxrex wrote:
sirwilliam wrote: My clutch started acting funny on Sunday.
See, have Zak drive your car and he screws everything all up.
I know, cough up the money! :lol:

Well, I am torn between replacing the stock clutch w/ an exedy stage 0 (stock clutch) and the exedy stage 1? Basically a $150 difference. I think I may just cough up the $150 and get the stage 1.

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

sirwilliam wrote: Well, I am torn between replacing the stock clutch w/ an exedy stage 0 (stock clutch) and the exedy stage 1? Basically a $150 difference. I think I may just cough up the $150 and get the stage 1.
After thinking about it, I'd probably end up going with the stage 1. What are other Forresters putting down reliably?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

sabre wrote:
sirwilliam wrote: Well, I am torn between replacing the stock clutch w/ an exedy stage 0 (stock clutch) and the exedy stage 1? Basically a $150 difference. I think I may just cough up the $150 and get the stage 1.
After thinking about it, I'd probably end up going with the stage 1. What are other Forresters putting down reliably?
Yeah, my plan as of now (which I don't like one bit but have no choice) swap my car w/ my wife's Accord EX (which is just sitting in her parents garage) and save up money to replace the clutch w/ a stage 1 exedy. Her car is nice, really. It is a silver 2 door coupe w/ AT. It is loaded but has the 4cyl instead of the V6...but it actually has some pep. Of course I will be losing roughly 240HP and torque but it has leather and actually handles a lot better than my car (go figure, right? My forester? No way :roll: ).