LONG TIME NO SEE!!! :) HERROWWWW!!!!

Building up your car? Post up your build!

Moderator: Moderators

complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: LONG TIME NO SEE!!! :) HERROWWWW!!!!

Post by complacent »

That sounds fantastic man, congrats!

I really miss having a small convertible some days.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Awesome news on the car AND the promotion!!! Congrats!!!! (Now bring it to the meet on Monday ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

Post by bludragontrboawd »

OH SNAP! monday!? ok! is it the usual time? 7? 730?

SHould be nice weather :)

Colin you can drive if you like! def fun hehe
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Yep, 7 at Hard Times :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

suuuuhhweeeeet! :nana:
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

bludragontrboawd wrote:HEY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!

MISSED YALL!

GUESS WHAT! 11PSI 330whp 230TQ!!!

last time i had 301 whp and 198 tq... this is the same kit but i had a cuople of upgraded things.. those 1000cc Injector Dynamics injectors which, btw... makes my car run as if it was stock.. this is NO lie... its smooth, no hiccups nothing.. I have the aem Ems 1052 with the wideband hookedup this time so it runs more efficiently, and i have a 70MM exhaust straight through.

everything is pretty much the same!!!

my tuner and the shop.."who owns a 723whp s2000" wants to put the 2mm Cometic HG and retune with higher psi...

they think i can easily get 70 more whp safely. its only 900 bucks more to do... I JUST GOT PROMOTED TO E-6 FINALLY!!! so they have to back pay me from may first and i'll be getting that check on the 15th of June lol.. SO.. i may just do that hahahaha

i have the boost solenoid hooked up as well to the aem.. there is no boost controller.. i also have the AEM map sensor and its capable of 30 psi vs the stock 10psi one on the s2000..

the car doesnt have that on off switch feeling now.. just feels like a straight up v-8 under the hood and man it pulls to redline 8 grand all the way... i cant imaging another 70whp lol..

the sound is intoxicating hahaha...

anyways... i wanted to update everyone and when i get my side skirts put on next week, i'll be coming out to the next hard times meet!!! or watever its called :)

LET ME KNOW WHAT YALL THINK!
Awesome! Congrats on all accounts! :nana:
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

Thanks mang...

will Definatly see yall out there!!!
bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

Man it was awesome to see the familiar faces... even after all this time i always feel at home with yall..

i'm sorry i had to jet out, i had just gotten off work and back in time to go see yall so i couldnt work out first..

but old gurl was waiting at the gym for me so i had to go... mission essential. lol

I promise we'll come by to hang out and stay for awhile...
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

bludragontrboawd wrote:I promise we'll come by to hang out and stay for awhile...
We are going to hold you to that.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

hahaha cool...

gonna drop off my car at my tuners house cuz i need to do a cold start/hot start tune right quick... then just do a little more fine tuning... i didnt think it was necessary but he said to... dont cost nothing and thinks its important so i'mma follow that order lol...plus get that dawgon boost gauge reading in PSI instead of whatever mumbo jumbo it reads now... freaks me out lol..got everything else monitored no my car with a billion gauges and cant even read what my boost says :x

After that, the car is back on jack stands... my buddies keep telling me i have slight bluish smoke coming out my exhaust when i'm cruisin and apparently where my oil drains into the pan isnt sufficient enough. the psi on the oil pressure is like 90 and the turbo is only required 40-50 and although i think i could put a restrictor fitting to slow down the pressure, its wiser to just do the work and drop the pan and retap it around in the front top right ABOVE the oil level so it flows freely... supposedly thats what Inline Pro does, and vortech supercharger kits do, so i'mma take that advice... Luckily the oil pan doesnt have anything in its way to be dropped... minus the small bar in the bottom held on by a couple of bolts..

then its just draining the oil, then unbolting the pan and having it retapped and the part where it IS tapped just weld it shut... and install a new oil drain kit.

OOOH and btw i'm buying a new invidia q300 dual 70 mm... its essentially the V4... i have the V3... the V4 is QUIET... and the tips are VERY oem'ish... so you wont really hear me coming unless i start revvin and stuff... which is good as we all know how VA cops are :?

i have a buddy that started his new business... Undergroundautoparts.com..

its VERY bland... but he can get just about anythign for a great price...

I'm bringing this up for 3 reasons ;

1) to help him build his clientel
2) maybe yall can get parts cheaper?
3) SOMEONE needs to build that site up for him cuz its just too bland..and i know you computer guru's may have knowledge on how to build one :)

So please check that out and tell me what you think!
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

bludragontrboawd wrote:i'm buying a new invidia q300 dual 70 mm... its essentially the V4... i have the V3... the V4 is QUIET... and the tips are VERY oem'ish... so you wont really hear me coming unless i start revvin and stuff... which is good as we all know how VA cops are :?
Glad to hear! We could hear ya from 1/2 mile away... which means the cops will be on your ass!
bludragontrboawd wrote: i have a buddy that started his new business... Undergroundautoparts.com..
its VERY bland... but he can get just about anythign for a great price...
Have him list a phone number at the very least... and an e-mail address (on that domain, ie. sales@undergroundautoparts.com) on the front page. I'll start calling him for parts :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

OOOOkaaay!!!

SO.. i guess i'll start with the problem first..

after i had the turbo installed, everything is grand... minus 2 things.. the exhaust was LOOUDDD.....and it smoked pretty bad from what i was told... the smoke was bluish black and it was OIL....my car pushes around 85 PSI of oil pressure and the feed line and fitting was a -4 line and fitting... supposedly it pushes way more oil than is needed and can handle...so it was flowing more oil than it could drain..

So the fix?? i go to B and T motorsports next to my house and showed them... they were like WHOA... that fitting is way too big...sure enough, the took off the line and fitting, replaced it with a -3 fitting.. and sent me on my merry way.....that was friday...

saturday.. MY NEW EXHAUST ARRIVES IN ONLY 2 DAYS!!!! i was putting a toyota TT Supra PCV inline between the mani and valve cover... what this does is stop the air from getting into the crank case which is bad for the motor and can also cause the smoking... 10 bucks and 30 min later, its installed...

THEN i got my side skirts back AND installed! they look sick guys... next meet i'll drive it.. looks hoooot!!!

anyways... so i install the new exhaust... OEM looking..... i washed the car, start her up, let her warm up and all of a sudden... WHITE smoke is spewing out... i'm like uh........thats not right.. lol... so i thought to myself.. maybe i installed the pcv backwards? or... the new exhaust is burning some residue? ionno!...

so i let it run more... blipped the throttle couple times and LOTS of smoke came out.. i'm like OH SNAP!!!!!.... but then noticed the smoke started to dissipate! so i'm like... wat the?! so i just let it idle more while i finished up... SMOKE GOES AWAY.. im like HUH?!

i go for a drive and wait for the smoke... nothing... at this time, i cant even hear my car!!! the exhaust is SOOO quiet... all i literally hear is the turbo spoolin... thats it!.. it was sooo soothing and i can hear my radio better now hahaha... music is actually pretty crisp when you dont have a drone!!!!!

so off to the movies that night....done with movie.. i'm feeling pretty good.... lovin my new setup.... already forgot about the smoke.... then it warms up and i'm at the light and i see white smoke again... NOT as much as before.. but noticeable.. i'm like =/

so i was like.. time to go home just in case.. right after i start moving, i noticed the smoke going away pretty quickly and didnt see anymore... but by that time i'm already on the way home....

sunday afternoon... start the car... STARING hard for smoke... nothing......let it idle longer........noooothing... im like.. hm... take Sandy to go eat and play... nothing... get up with couple of friends and have them drive behind me for the oil smoke and smell that i had before i did the fitting... ALL of them the whole day monitored it... all of them were PLEASE they could breath again behind me hahaha... NO SMOKE AT ALL....

SO... NOW. i have an oem sounding turbo s2000, with stock looking exhaust that is actually running the way it supposed too hahaha

turns out... the oil fittings and line was too large for the oil pressure produced by the motor and turbo....that 2 dollar fitting fixed the problem...and the exhaust killed the sound...

NOW.. the ONLY thing i could think of wat made that smoke go hard at first then go away? i remember the mech cleaning up some oil that was spilled from taking out the fitting and line and leaked around the turbo and wat not....

i believe it was just burning off and finally did by sunday :)

does that sound like a logical expaination?
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

bludragontrboawd wrote:OOOOkaaay!!!

SO.. i guess i'll start with the problem first..

after i had the turbo installed, everything is grand... minus 2 things.. the exhaust was LOOUDDD.....and it smoked pretty bad from what i was told... the smoke was bluish black and it was OIL....my car pushes around 85 PSI of oil pressure and the feed line and fitting was a -4 line and fitting... supposedly it pushes way more oil than is needed and can handle...so it was flowing more oil than it could drain..

So the fix?? i go to B and T motorsports next to my house and showed them... they were like WHOA... that fitting is way too big...sure enough, the took off the line and fitting, replaced it with a -3 fitting.. and sent me on my merry way.....that was friday...

saturday.. MY NEW EXHAUST ARRIVES IN ONLY 2 DAYS!!!! i was putting a toyota TT Supra PCV inline between the mani and valve cover... what this does is stop the air from getting into the crank case which is bad for the motor and can also cause the smoking... 10 bucks and 30 min later, its installed...

THEN i got my side skirts back AND installed! they look sick guys... next meet i'll drive it.. looks hoooot!!!

anyways... so i install the new exhaust... OEM looking..... i washed the car, start her up, let her warm up and all of a sudden... WHITE smoke is spewing out... i'm like uh........thats not right.. lol... so i thought to myself.. maybe i installed the pcv backwards? or... the new exhaust is burning some residue? ionno!...

so i let it run more... blipped the throttle couple times and LOTS of smoke came out.. i'm like OH SNAP!!!!!.... but then noticed the smoke started to dissipate! so i'm like... wat the?! so i just let it idle more while i finished up... SMOKE GOES AWAY.. im like HUH?!

i go for a drive and wait for the smoke... nothing... at this time, i cant even hear my car!!! the exhaust is SOOO quiet... all i literally hear is the turbo spoolin... thats it!.. it was sooo soothing and i can hear my radio better now hahaha... music is actually pretty crisp when you dont have a drone!!!!!

so off to the movies that night....done with movie.. i'm feeling pretty good.... lovin my new setup.... already forgot about the smoke.... then it warms up and i'm at the light and i see white smoke again... NOT as much as before.. but noticeable.. i'm like =/

so i was like.. time to go home just in case.. right after i start moving, i noticed the smoke going away pretty quickly and didnt see anymore... but by that time i'm already on the way home....

sunday afternoon... start the car... STARING hard for smoke... nothing......let it idle longer........noooothing... im like.. hm... take Sandy to go eat and play... nothing... get up with couple of friends and have them drive behind me for the oil smoke and smell that i had before i did the fitting... ALL of them the whole day monitored it... all of them were PLEASE they could breath again behind me hahaha... NO SMOKE AT ALL....

SO... NOW. i have an oem sounding turbo s2000, with stock looking exhaust that is actually running the way it supposed too hahaha

turns out... the oil fittings and line was too large for the oil pressure produced by the motor and turbo....that 2 dollar fitting fixed the problem...and the exhaust killed the sound...

NOW.. the ONLY thing i could think of wat made that smoke go hard at first then go away? i remember the mech cleaning up some oil that was spilled from taking out the fitting and line and leaked around the turbo and wat not....

i believe it was just burning off and finally did by sunday :)

does that sound like a logical expaination?
I have no idea on this one but I hope she is alright! Hope the white smoke was oil burn-off and/or condesation in the exhaust and not coolant. Good luck!

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

yea, it smelled like oil and not that sweet antifreeze smell so i'd hope that it wouldnt be a blow hg lol..

i did check my oil and it was oil vs that milky substance because i thought initially something like that couldve happened...

i guess i gotta just keep driving lol..
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Wow, first thing I thought was "Oh no, there goes his head gasket", but if the oil was ok, then hopefully it was only residual oil. Definitely bring it back out, I've got to see the new look/sound!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

oh believe me.. i shat myself when i saw the smoke hahahaha...

i drove it today to my tuners place for him to do his start tune thing and drive it to the shop for me and finish whatever he wanted to do to it cuz i gotta be at work...

the whole way Sandy said she smelled the new exhaust smell a lil but nothing else and no smoke! lol

yesterday i did a WOT pull in 2nd next to my buddies... they said.. the only thing they heard was the WG, Turbo spooling, and the motor... they said they compared it to a building crashing down... hahahha...

the only thing left i gotta do is take my fuel rail to B and T and get it tapped for the Fuel pressure sender, hook up the 2 wires that i have ran to it... and that is done.. um..

OH tomolo, after i pick up my car, im heading to Sterling to go see the new hard top i'm buying...

i'm ripping out the vert and motors again.. this time it'll take about 45 min as ive done this about 3 times now lol...but dont worry.. the hard top goes over and latches down, and whenever i want top down or off action, just unlatch it, put it in the house and cruise... just gotta make sure its not raining that day hahaha... soft top, frame and motors is 100lbs... the hard top surprisingly only weighs 44lbs.. so i'm saving myself 54 lbs? give or take a few...

s2000's are meant to be light.. so saving weight is always a good thing for this car lol
bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

CHECK OUT THE FIRST PAGE!
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Lookin' good! 8) I hope you have a good alarm system on that ride :wink:

I am almost complete w/ mine (yeah right :lol:) but I did get retuned yesterday to 300/300 at the wheels. :mrgreen:

bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY oh why can honda's have tq? sheesh! man only if my s2k had the same tq number as whp...
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

She's looking FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE mang! and the car doesn't look half bad either ;)

Want me to move this to the "Builds" section of the forum?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

Thanks!

sure! i didnt really know where to post so i just posted in my same thread lol...
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Done :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
a13n0rma1
I'm a n000b

Post by a13n0rma1 »

Always wanted an S2k... A friend of mine from High School has one and would always rag on my WRX (He has a stock 04)... Soooo I'll be PMing you when his warranty is up as to which parts to go straight to!

PS: I have a rear diff from an 04 with 7 miles on it if you DO happen to blow that pumpink. I bought it for the internals (supposedly can fit into a Miata rear, hence why I have it, but sold the Miatas long ago).
a13n0rma1 == abnormal ;)

2006 WRX Gone! Looking for new home for my 6 speed in an FXT shaped box!
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

a13n0rma1 wrote:but sold the Miatas long ago).
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

I will have another eunos one day... 8)
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz