LONG TIME NO SEE!!! :) HERROWWWW!!!!

Building up your car? Post up your build!

Moderator: Moderators

bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

LONG TIME NO SEE!!! :) HERROWWWW!!!!

Post by bludragontrboawd »

EDIT!!!! MY NEWEST CREATION!!

I finally got everything done :) this is my last mod on the car...At Least for a very very long time. I know we all say that... so we'll see what happens LOL... but i feel like she is complete.

Isnt to everyones likings.. but i like it and i had to realize its What i like that matters the most... and i had that beaten upside my head by a few good folks on here :D

SO HERE GOES!!

HEY EVERYONE! hows it hangin!? mines to the left a lil.. BUT enough about that..

So yea... i was looking around for my s2000 this morning when i got up and i couldnt find it! i swore i parked it in the driveway and there was a small lump of snow there... so i just assumed thats where that lil thing is at lol

So im not sure if some of yall remember my old 2002 nissan Maxima with the vq35 motor in it... it was Midnite blue... well... I bought another... 2002 nissan maxima..... midnite blue.. lol... but this one is all decked out.. all leather black interior, heated memory adjustable seats...bose 6 disk cd player that only sounds good when cranked up lol...and even has a button you push that heats up the steering wheel! never knew there was such thing... the price i paid? 6500 bucks! not bad i feel... does have 101k on it.. but it pulls harder and is faster than my old 2002 and is faster than my cousins 2003 with only 40k! must either be kept up very well or factory freak? ionno..

BUT news with me... still in the army :) going up for promotion to E-6 staff sergeant... extra dough YAY! and i started a part time gig pulling security for Northrop Grumman in tysons! sat n sun 7-3pm for those who wanna swing by and hang out with me lol.. jk jk..its good extra money!! very fortunate to get it...especially in these trying times =/

But on the lighter side... i've done a couple more things to the s2000... got rear over hang fenders.. makes the car look wider.. AND i'm hoping to drop off my car at Inline pro in the next couple weeks to have the Hondata K-pro stand alone system installed... its actually an Acura RSX ecu converted to work as a stand alone so i'll be getting an OEM like quality that can handle boost AND pass emmissions! its around 1800 bucks for that, 400 bucks to buy the oem parts to convert my car to a similiar drive by wire status which i dont have that the hondata uses, about 400 for the install and about 4-600 for a complete tune on my car...

i'm hoping around 230rwhp... doesnt sound alot ofcourse but this is coming from a 2.2ltr NA motor. THis is expensive ofcourse.. but its worth it. i can throw anything at it and it will control all the boost...

the turbo kit is an INLINE PRO turbo kit... the turbo name slips my mind, but its guts are a gt35R turbo but with a smaller housing i believe but will give me full spool around 3500 RPMS.. and i can rev up to 8grand in my car... on 9 psi, with their kit using hondata and 1000 cc injectors, i'll be putting down around 350-390whp depending on my ehxuast system and variable things.. AND I CAN STILL GET UP TO 28MPG!!! *when i'm not boosting* daaahahaha...

but the goal is.... add a 3 mm inline pro headgasket...uppity the boost around 18-20 and see near...if not THEE 500 whp range...

mind you my car isnt my daily driver anymore... and yes yes.. its all on stock motor... and no launching off the line lol.. bye bye pumpkin!

SO! thats the latest and greatest... and miss ya guys/gals.. i saw the snow out today and thought of yall immediately mohhaha..

hope to come around to a meet when its warmer!!!!
Last edited by bludragontrboawd on Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: LONG TIME NO SEE!!! :) HERROWWWW!!!!

Post by Sabre »

Hey Alan! Sounds like a great ECU that you are getting installed!

Good luck on the promotion!!! If there is any way you can make it out tonight (5th Anniversary) we can all catch up in person!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

bludragontrboawd wrote:and i started a part time gig pulling security for Northrop Grumman in tysons! sat n sun 7-3pm for those who wanna swing by and hang out with me lol.
Hey, I just got transfered to NG at Federal Systems Drive. Is that the Tyson"s office you mean by IBM? If so, I hate that fat guard. He is a little power hungry bitch.
Don't tell him I said that, OK?

Lunch?
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

HAHAHAHAHA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!! ok... umm..... there IS a COUPLE.... gravity loving guys there... not sure which one your referring too.. but i do have that sense of "power hunger" lol.. but its off of colshire dr... just get off at 46B and its the exit right after tysons.... and its the 2nd light after you get off the exit... which is colshire... just go up that hill and its on the Right!

i'm there sat n sun from 7 am to 3 pm... i'm usually driving my maxima and i park right up front... its gonna start to get warm so i may start driving my s2000 again lol.
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

Good luck on the promotion. I just picked up Staff Sergeant on 1 March.
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Congrats to both of you! I'm assuming you (Jay) pinned on already?
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

THANKS! yea our board is on early april so i'll prolly be pinned in may... BUT my pay kicks in as soon as i get promoted which is different then the pin date :)

hey.. extra cash to get my turbo quicker! hahahaha
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Damn line numbers. :)

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

haha..

OK FOLKS... bout to take the plunge prolly tomolo... 1600 for the EMS, 320 for the oem parts to convert my s2k to work with the EMS...

once it gets here.. gotta make an appointment for inline to install and tune NA til my kit comes...

they said i'll be able to gain up to 20whp... for an NA car that is already high strung the way it is at 11:0 compression... not bad..

man...if i can just get my 300whp, i'll be happy.. nice.. reliable... torque *which the s2k lacks* i'll be set !
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Ya man, I want another spin in 300+ in your car too! I need to sit shotgun while you drive on Hoose! I always remember how light your car felt and how much of a pig mine felt like after driving yours.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

hahaha its def a different animal... although... i'd feel MUCH more confident in yours than in mine hahaha... rear end loves to whip around too much... arg!
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Bigger tires and a sway :) I know you have HUGE tires on the rear though.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Sabre wrote:Bigger tires and a sway :) I know you have HUGE tires on the rear though.
I hear the S2k really needs a proven functional wing for high speed work.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Mr Kleen wrote:
Sabre wrote:Bigger tires and a sway :) I know you have HUGE tires on the rear though.
I hear the S2k really needs a proven functional wing for high speed work.
I've heard/seen this as well. Look at all tracked S2Ks out there... They've got wings on 'em.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Hmm, doesn't the track version of the S2k have a larger wing on it?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

complacent wrote:Congrats to both of you! I'm assuming you (Jay) pinned on already?
Yeah I got pinned last week. I spent 18 months on the list so me and the wife were very happy.

Julian, yes there is a ricer wing on the "CLUB RACER" S2000.
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

There is a CR version of the S2k. it does have a WIIIIINGGGga ding ding thing on it... and the front bumper has a lip on it as well. the car is 100 lbs lighter, has an oem hard top, but it doesnt have the convertable. The suspension is beefier and over all setup more for track.

Personally... i cant Stand the front lip and wing... looks like a catfish with a ricer wing.. having that said, its VERY functional... very...

the wing i have now is OEM so is my front LIP.. i also purchased the Carbon Fiber front splitter and will get the side and rear carbon fiber splitters as well to match. the faster i go, you can Def feel the car being pushed down.

i wanted to get another oem hard top and rip out the convertable *including frame and motors* cuz that saves up almost 100 lbs... and the CR DOES have an awesome painted Tonneau that goes covers the whole open area where the soft top was and right behind the head hoops, it comes up and covers the rear... very similar to the f1 cars.. but its 1300 bucks.. sheesh!

OH... I just purchased the Hondata and the OEM parts to convert my car to a newer S2000 with Drive By Wire components! on they way now... just gotta make an appt with Inline Pro to have them install it and tune mah car!

1650 for the ecu with boost solenoid so the boost is set on the lap top in the hondata.. this eliminates the need for a boost controller :) and the oem parts are 320 shipped.. fricken honda down in woodbridged wanted damn near 600 ! i'm like WTF?! uh... no.. lol.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Awesome, now I just need a ride in it when they are done!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

haha.. well its just the EMS thats being installed.. and its tuned N/A... gotta save up more for the turbo kit.

supposedly tuning it N/A with the hondata... will gain me up to 20whp... not bad for N/A on an S2k thats pretty much maxed out as it is...

when i get the kit on, thats a whole different level lol...
bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

Just informing everyone, My turbo Kit is on the way! should be her by thursday. I'm planning on taking off the front bumper and lip to have it repainted. My painter only charges 100 bucks for me to do it.. and that reminds me, he's the one who's painted all my stuff on my car, hard top's *both of them* my side rear overhangs that i've gotten but dont think ya'll seen them yet, my aunts bumper, i mean this guy is good.. very nice.. his shop is near braddock and backlick. So if anyone needs things painted.. please dont hesitate to let me know.. hes very fair on his prices!

anyhoo.. gonna show pics when i get the goodies!!!

i'm ordering AEM EMS 1052 with wideband, two 19-1 serial gauges, the pod, 1000CC injectordynamics fuel injectors, and a boost solenoid so i dont need a boost controller.. its setup by the EMS for me.

PLEASE everyone look up INJECTORDYNAMICS.COM or something like that. these are the wave of the future when it comes to fuel injectors.

the 19-1 aem guages have 19 functions all in one gauge.. hence 19-1 =) it reads water temp, egt, boost, wideband, rpm, speed, ect ect ect... dont know all the functions yet...

even though technically i need ONE.. it looks funny on my piller with just one.. besides.. having 2 i can daisy chain on the other into the harness which goes right into the AEM. there is no need for extra wires or tubes to hook up to the vacuum lines to read boost ect.. the AEM EMS reads from the MAF sensor so that eliminates all that.

so having 2 on the piller will divide them so i can see the Wideband and the other can read boost at once instead of flippin through the gauges.. and 2 just is alot more...even lol..

so again, gonna install all the goodies, aem, gauges ect... have my tuner come by, tune, and take it to the shop and dyno tune.

his shop is called ISP in maryland... is off of exit 20 when you go over wilson bridge.. the owner.. Peter, has a 730WHP s2000 lol... its crazy..

when i get the goodies, i'll take pics! i'll keep ya posted on the process.. should be done, boosted and up and runnin in a couple weeks!! almost there!

I'm also repainting the middle part of my rims from gunmetal to silver to match the car, the brake calipers will be repainted red, and i'm gonna be purchasing the side and rear carbon fiber diffusers to match the front splitter i have... and lastly, another OEM HARD TOP!

i was gonna go with hondata but its more of a ...permanent solution.. at least with aem and kit, i can just unbolt and go back to stock no problem.. aaands its cheaper lol
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Now here is a project that has legs! Good to hear the nice progress, and thanks for the tip on the paint place.

Better see it soon, or I might start to think this is all vaporware...
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

hahaha no no.. not vaporware.... i was turbo charged before... but damn the car is a totally different beast WITH a turbo..obviously. but it feels like this car shouldve came with this amount of power on it. i'm just helping what honda didnt add lol
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

bludragontrboawd wrote:his shop is near braddock and backlick. So if anyone needs things painted.. please dont hesitate to let me know.. hes very fair on his prices!
I need a couple of things painted, so please post his address, phone and name :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

sure! i forgot the name of the shop but the guy's name is TOM... he's a vietnamese guy and i think the only one there so kinda hard NOT to miss lol..

his number is 703-328-7854

give him a call!

Tell him allan with the s2000 sentcha!
bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

HEY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!

MISSED YALL!

GUESS WHAT! 11PSI 330whp 230TQ!!!

last time i had 301 whp and 198 tq... this is the same kit but i had a cuople of upgraded things.. those 1000cc Injector Dynamics injectors which, btw... makes my car run as if it was stock.. this is NO lie... its smooth, no hiccups nothing.. I have the aem Ems 1052 with the wideband hookedup this time so it runs more efficiently, and i have a 70MM exhaust straight through.

everything is pretty much the same!!!

my tuner and the shop.."who owns a 723whp s2000" wants to put the 2mm Cometic HG and retune with higher psi...

they think i can easily get 70 more whp safely. its only 900 bucks more to do... I JUST GOT PROMOTED TO E-6 FINALLY!!! so they have to back pay me from may first and i'll be getting that check on the 15th of June lol.. SO.. i may just do that hahahaha

i have the boost solenoid hooked up as well to the aem.. there is no boost controller.. i also have the AEM map sensor and its capable of 30 psi vs the stock 10psi one on the s2000..

the car doesnt have that on off switch feeling now.. just feels like a straight up v-8 under the hood and man it pulls to redline 8 grand all the way... i cant imaging another 70whp lol..

the sound is intoxicating hahaha...

anyways... i wanted to update everyone and when i get my side skirts put on next week, i'll be coming out to the next hard times meet!!! or watever its called :)

LET ME KNOW WHAT YALL THINK!