stolen bike recovered!!!

Forum for those interested in one-wheel drive vehicles (motorcycles!). Anything and everything!

Moderator: Moderators

bdub
Bicycle

stolen bike recovered!!!

Post by bdub »

Almost one year ago today, my 2005 gsxr 750 was stolen from my parking lot.... i received a phone call today outa tha blue from a police officer in Myrtle Beach stating they caught some random dude dicking around on my bike and wanted to make sure that there were no updates in the case. So of course the dude is in custody, and I will defiantly press charges and sue (if possible) So all I know as of now is: 1) the bike is operational 2) is has minor paint damage 3) and a dent… other than that I have to wait till I get down there this weekend to pick it up… now I have to learn how to ride this bitch again…. In dc :( ... but overall :mrgreen:
+ward!
2007 OBP sti
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: stolen bike recovered!!!

Post by Mr Kleen »

wow. did you want it to be found after this long?
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Dude, that is *awesome* !!!

I felt sooo bad after you had told me the whole story.

w000000000t!!!!!!!1

:ya: :nana:
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
bdub
Bicycle

Post by bdub »

Update!!!! So… now the mixed stories are coming in…. I contacted the P.D. to see when the bike would be released, and asked a few questions.. 1) when would this individuals trial begin. A) the individual was release due to the fact he purchased the bike and legally registered it with the state of NJ… 2) how the hell did he legally register a stolen vehicle? A) apparently, the individual who stole the motorcycle changed out VIN # on the frame, making it possible to register. 3) making it “legally” registered by this person, would he be responsible for any monetary expenses incurred by myself? A) no, our detectives our working out the “kinks” as of now. 4) being that possession is 9/10’s of the law wouldn’t this person be responsible for paying for damages and the cost of recovery. A) no sir, let us work it out…. In the meantime we will keep you updated on the situation.
Well with this unfolding, we are all learning how to steal a bike “legally” with out consequences!
:shock:

i swear to shit, if this dude decides not to tell the police as to where he "purchased" this motorcycle....... :evil:
+ward!
2007 OBP sti
bdub
Bicycle

Post by bdub »

i really didn't mean to post that 3 times..... sorry :?
+ward!
2007 OBP sti
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

No worries, we got ya covered ;)

That has *got* to frustrating... :evil:
colin

i <3 teh 00ntz
bdub
Bicycle

Post by bdub »

UPDATE: so went down and picked up the bike today, i was really surprised to see it in such good shape.... a lot of really small scratches (everywhere).... but what strikes me as odd is the fact they didn't grind out the ignition.... some how some way they got a hold of a duplicate key.... so i wonder, would a dealership or suzuki headquarters issue a replacement key with a VIN verification? and if so they would most likely keep records of it.... and my dad and i found out that the dudes address is next door to a person we considered a close family friend and my dads co-worker(who has a 19 year old son).... things are beginning to get interesting..
+ward!
2007 OBP sti
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

bdub wrote:...and my dad and i found out that the dudes address is next door to a person we considered a close family friend and my dads co-worker(who has a 19 year old son).... things are beginning to get interesting..
just remember that correlation is not causation. I was crazy paranoid after my Honda was stolen. :oops: don't let it ruin any relationships unnecessarily.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Mr Kleen wrote:just remember that correlation is not causation. I was crazy paranoid after my Honda was stolen. :oops: don't let it ruin any relationships unnecessarily.
Bolded for truf.
colin

i <3 teh 00ntz
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

complacent wrote:
Mr Kleen wrote:just remember that correlation is not causation. I was crazy paranoid after my Honda was stolen. :oops: don't let it ruin any relationships unnecessarily.
Bolded for truf.
And alliteration :mrgreen:
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

glad to hear you have it back! Just wait and let the legal system do it (slow) job. That guy will get what's coming to him!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.