So, does he get two tickets?

Forum for those interested in one-wheel drive vehicles (motorcycles!). Anything and everything!

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

So, does he get two tickets?

Post by Sabre »

Daily Mail
A motorcyclist is facing prosecution after being caught speeding – while sliding along the ground without his motorbike.
This incredible image released by police in Switzerland shows the 38-year-old man careering helplessly towards the side of the road at around 66mph.
Traffic police believe he would have been going a great deal faster when he first saw the camera.
The incident happened between the towns of Cibourg and La Chaux-de-fonds, close to Bern and the French border, on October 2.
A police spokesman said: ‘It appears that he suddenly saw the traffic control measure ahead and lost control as he tried to slow down.
Police say the motorcyclist, who was wearing protective leathers, was unhurt apart from minor cuts and bruises, as well as a degree of shock.
He confirmed that the man was still facing a fine and the withdrawal of his driving licence for up to three months.
The officer said some 18 motorists had been caught speeding on the same stretch of mountain road on the same Sunday morning.

Very happy to hear he is ok, but I really wonder what will happen legally. He was technically not "driving" any vehicle, so can they really charge him?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: So, does he get two tickets?

Post by drwrx »

See how safe speed cameras are making the roads.
Thank goodness the camera was there, one of those cows might have been hurt somehow, since there is obviously no one else on the road.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

drwrx wrote:See how safe speed cameras are making the roads.
Thank goodness the camera was there, one of those cows might have been hurt somehow, since there is obviously no one else on the road.
exactly.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Very good point dear Dr!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

18 cars all Sunday morning? Obviously this is the main artery of the town. :roll:

There are both speed and red-light cameras everywhere here. :notcool:
I've been flashed once to the tune of €30 (76km in a 60km).
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

I still am just shocked at the levels of BS, corruption and outright fraud that surrounds Speed and Red Light cameras.
Every unbiased audit of their effectiveness and improved safety has always come away with no positive results. Often times it is just the opposite. Now, instead of watching the road people are looking for cameras.
This is just a case of State and Corporate greed trying to hide under the mantra of "public safety." It is simply a vice masquerading as a virtue.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Maybe we should hold our own greed and corruption rally?
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

In my accident I was almost charged with 'loss of control of a motor vehicle', deputy said if I had been speeding or had previous tickets they would have.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

ElZorro wrote:In my accident I was almost charged with 'loss of control of a motor vehicle', deputy said if I had been speeding or had previous tickets they would have.
What BS. A person can loose control of a vehicle while obeying all of the set laws! Environment, other people etc. etc.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

if you hydroplane in standing water and crash, you're at fault. Not the local/state gov for not designing a proper road.
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)