Springs and endlinks OH MY

Feeling the bumps in the Forester or wanting more, look here

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member
Posts: 6350
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: asiandale

Re: Springs and endlinks OH MY

Post by zaxrex » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:28 am

I don't know if the proportioning valve for the brakes have changed from the <'05 models, but I changed my front lines and left my rears alone. Took it to the track and the upgraded rotors/pads/fluid could handle the extra heat. The stock rear brake lines could not and ballooned on the back straight, you may still be able to hear echos of my expletive outburst.

Since you will be doing 80% of the work already and have all the tools, do the rear lines as well.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears

User avatar
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member
Posts: 15034
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:46 pm
Location: Wiesbaden.DE

Re: Springs and endlinks OH MY

Post by Mr Kleen » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:56 am

This reminds me: I need to pick up a flair wrench.

If I'm free on Sunday I'll stop by, but I may be hanging out with a Lotus club. :) More news at 11.

User avatar
captainslow
I'm starting to be a post wh0re
Posts: 469
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:36 pm
Location: Haha Hacienda

Re: Springs and endlinks OH MY

Post by captainslow » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:54 am

zaxrex wrote: Since you will be doing 80% of the work already and have all the tools, do the rear lines as well.
Thanks for the tip! I'd rather not experience that for myself. ;) I tend to learn things the hard way and I prefer not to if I can help it :P
Mr Kleen wrote:This reminds me: I need to pick up a flair wrench.

If I'm free on Sunday I'll stop by, but I may be hanging out with a Lotus club. :) More news at 11.
Hope you can make it. And keep away from the Exiges! I hear once you get behind the wheel of one, you'll never want to drive anything else...

User avatar
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member
Posts: 6350
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: asiandale

Re: Springs and endlinks OH MY

Post by zaxrex » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:03 pm

Blixa wrote:Hope you can make it. And keep away from the Exiges! I hear once you get behind the wheel of one, you'll never want to drive anything else...
Well, unless you drive one with warped rotors and snap oversteer when the fuel cuts out on you. Then you don't want to get into one very soon after.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears

Post Reply