Springs and endlinks OH MY

Feeling the bumps in the Forester or wanting more, look here

Moderator: Moderators

zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Springs and endlinks OH MY

Post by zaxrex »

I don't know if the proportioning valve for the brakes have changed from the <'05 models, but I changed my front lines and left my rears alone. Took it to the track and the upgraded rotors/pads/fluid could handle the extra heat. The stock rear brake lines could not and ballooned on the back straight, you may still be able to hear echos of my expletive outburst.

Since you will be doing 80% of the work already and have all the tools, do the rear lines as well.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

This reminds me: I need to pick up a flair wrench.

If I'm free on Sunday I'll stop by, but I may be hanging out with a Lotus club. :) More news at 11.
captainslow
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by captainslow »

zaxrex wrote: Since you will be doing 80% of the work already and have all the tools, do the rear lines as well.
Thanks for the tip! I'd rather not experience that for myself. ;) I tend to learn things the hard way and I prefer not to if I can help it :P
Mr Kleen wrote:This reminds me: I need to pick up a flair wrench.

If I'm free on Sunday I'll stop by, but I may be hanging out with a Lotus club. :) More news at 11.
Hope you can make it. And keep away from the Exiges! I hear once you get behind the wheel of one, you'll never want to drive anything else...
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Blixa wrote:Hope you can make it. And keep away from the Exiges! I hear once you get behind the wheel of one, you'll never want to drive anything else...
Well, unless you drive one with warped rotors and snap oversteer when the fuel cuts out on you. Then you don't want to get into one very soon after.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears