New Suspension goodies

Feeling the bumps in the Forester or wanting more, look here

Moderator: Moderators

sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

New Suspension goodies

Post by sirwilliam »

Dropped the car off at MachV this morning before work and picked it up at lunchtime. Had the following installed:

* COBB 25mm RSB w/ COBB HD mounts (slightly narrower than stock bar)
* COBB 25mm FSB
* KYB GR2 '04-'05 Forester specific struts
* KB Front endlinks
* Ingalls camber bolts for rear struts

Also got some new Falken 912s mounted to replace my older set on my T3s along with a full alignment -1.1 front and -1.4 rear camber.

Seems that the rear sway bar I got was a little smaller than the stock bar (width) but Mike got it on...he didn't like that it was narrower, though. I will try it out and see. Pics will come later.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: New Suspension goodies

Post by Sabre »

sirwilliam wrote:Dropped the car off at MachV this morning before work and picked it up at lunchtime. Had the following installed:

* COBB 25mm FSB
* KB Front endlinks

Also got some new Falken 912s mounted to replace my older set on my T3s along with a full alignment -1.1 front and -1.4 rear camber.

Seems that the rear sway bar I got was a little smaller than the stock bar (width) but Mike got it on...he didn't like that it was narrower, though. I will try it out and see. Pics will come later.
Just because it's narrower, doesn't mean it's not stronger (insert joke here). Why did you end up going with those alignment specs? I run -2.5F and -1.5R. How's the ride? Happy?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Sabre wrote:
sirwilliam wrote:Dropped the car off at MachV this morning before work and picked it up at lunchtime. Had the following installed:

* COBB 25mm FSB
* KB Front endlinks

Just because it's narrower, doesn't mean it's not stronger (insert joke here). Why did you end up going with those alignment specs? I run -2.5F and -1.5R. How's the ride? Happy?
It was more about how the bar attached to the endlinks and the angle of the endlinks.

Mike did those specs for me. I forgot to specify (in a hurry for work). I trust his judgment and work. I still have the back full of wheelsandtires...along with boxes of old suspension so I will unload those first prior to really getting a feel for the new suspension...but immediate impressions are very noticeable. Stiffer on turns and it seems the GR2s are a better match for the swift springs vs. the stock struts.

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
goob_os101
DCAWD Groupie

Post by goob_os101 »

what size is the stock RSB? I can not recall if it would fit the 05 wagons...if so got any plans to sell the stock RSB?
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

goob_os101 wrote:what size is the stock RSB? I can not recall if it would fit the 05 wagons...if so got any plans to sell the stock RSB?
I have 2 stock FXT RSBs 17mm, 1 stock WRX STi RSB 20mm, and one stock FSB 21mm (same as the WRX STi stock one).

Let me know. Going to take some picks of the new goodies now.

sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Well, I didn't look too hard at the FSB after the install yesterday but when I just took some quick shots outside that is when I noticed that I failed to remember to bring the new front KB endlinks with me to the install :lol: Oh, well...I will get that taken care of this weekend :icon_wink:

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I'm surprised you didn't replace the endlinks while you were in there. Seems like those would be the weak link now.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Sabre wrote:I'm surprised you didn't replace the endlinks while you were in there. Seems like those would be the weak link now.
I guess you missed the statement where I forgot to bring them with me. I already have KB endlinks on the rear but thought I brought the front endlinks with me. I didn't even bother to check the front endlinks when I was there, just looked at the rear bar. I will get them on this weekend. The stock endlinks are pretty crappy and definitely won't stand up to the beefier bar stress.

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

You're right, I missed it! Lol, I pulled a Ray Charles, haha
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Well, snow kept me from taking care of the front endlinks :( ...another day, though. :wink: