Fender Brace Review

Feeling the bumps in the Forester or wanting more, look here

Moderator: Moderators

HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Fender Brace Review

Post by HappyIdiot »

So, I took advantage of the holiday a few weeks ago to install some TiC fender braces. Since I don't have wider fenders ( :notcool: ) I had to remove the fenders. I followed the instructions found here. The removal/install was pretty easy. It took me 4.5 hours, but that was with stopping to check on other things/instructions. If I had to do it again, I'm guessing 3-3.5 hours.

Results: I had a hard time trying to figure out how to describe the feel. Was there a difference, yes, but not like OMG this is amazing and you have to try it. It is minor. The best way I can think of describing it is, imagine you are on a looping off/on ramp. You know how your car handles, feels, leans, and rolls around these turns. Well after installing the braces and taking the same turns, the front end feels more solid. The car starts to lean around the turns and it stops sooner than it used to. Throughout the whole turn you can tell the car wants to lean more, but it doesn't. It's like the rear has leaned to it's normal degree and front is trying to but can't. It's very predictable and feels the same way around every turn.
My Name is Adam.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Fender Brace Review

Post by complacent »

I'd always wondered if they were just snake oil or not. Sounds like a real pita to install. :shock:

Glad to hear that they're working though, cool stuff.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

It really wasn't that hard and pretty straight forward, just time consuming. Although I was a little nervous when removing the fenders about scratching my door.
My Name is Adam.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

I have some subtle custom braces on the way for my ride. I hear there is a more substantial improvement on the forester vs. the WRX.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

sirwilliam wrote:I have some subtle custom braces on the way for my ride. I hear there is a more substantial improvement on the forester vs. the WRX.
Nice!! Let us know what you think. I'd be happy to help if you need it too.
My Name is Adam.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Awesome, thanks Adam! I too have always wondered if they produce noticeable results. Glad to hear that there is some truth to it!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

HappyIdiot wrote:
sirwilliam wrote:I have some subtle custom braces on the way for my ride. I hear there is a more substantial improvement on the forester vs. the WRX.
Nice!! Let us know what you think. I'd be happy to help if you need it too.
Will do. Thanks. :D
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer