Any experts at installing springs around?

Feeling the bumps in the Forester or wanting more, look here

Moderator: Moderators

sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Any experts at installing springs around?

Post by sirwilliam »

And have a spring compressor? And can lend me a hand? Got some new FSTi pinks to throw on. Broke but can pay in beer.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

A good number of people have done springs here, so I'm sure someone can help you out :) I'm gone this weekend otherwise I'd volunteer. How much of a hurry are you in to have them done?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

If I were going to be around this weekend, I would suggest that we borrow a spring compressor from advanced auto in MD off of 210 and do the swp in the commuter parking lot where we did the last install meet. I mean the one that I didn't get us kicked out of.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Yeah this will have to be done during the week b/c I am gone every weekend...haha let's make it more complicated! Anyone in NoVa?

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

sirwilliam wrote:Yeah this will have to be done during the week b/c I am gone every weekend...haha let's make it more complicated! Anyone in NoVa?
That makes it easier for some of us :) Thursday is out for me, as is friday... maybe next week sometime?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

sabre wrote:
sirwilliam wrote:Yeah this will have to be done during the week b/c I am gone every weekend...haha let's make it more complicated! Anyone in NoVa?
That makes it easier for some of us :) Thursday is out for me, as is friday... maybe next week sometime?
Next week is perfect...maybe Wednesday?

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Cool, let's consider it done :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

sabre wrote:Cool, let's consider it done :)
You da man!

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Ok, this sucks... looked at my calander when I got home... Wednesday I can't do it... but I am free Monday :) Sorry dude!!!!!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I have new springs but I just don't think I'll get to them with all the other stuff going on the car next week. I'll be back in DC by next weekend (Sept. 10-11) and will be ready to have an mod that you can actually see without the hood open. might even be open to the comuter lot install (with lots of sun screen!)...
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

sabre wrote:Ok, this sucks... looked at my calander when I got home... Wednesday I can't do it... but I am free Monday :) Sorry dude!!!!!
Bummer...what about Tuesday? I won't be back until then...if you can't do it on Tuesday it can wait for another day :wink: I still have my grill mod that I need to finish up and give my Forester a face lift.

ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

If you guys do the install after the 10th I'd really like to see it.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Sorry to hear you're away every weekend. I'm actually reinstalling the stock springs on my WRX this weekend. If I can get some time this week I'll try and make it out to help ya man. Where are you going to be doing the install?
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

bluscooby23 wrote:Sorry to hear you're away every weekend. I'm actually reinstalling the stock springs on my WRX this weekend. If I can get some time this week I'll try and make it out to help ya man. Where are you going to be doing the install?
Not sure where...Julian never got back to me about whether he can do it tomorrow or not...no rush...just want them on bad!

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Ack, I totally forgot about this :( Have you found a spring compressor? After doing Colin's springs this weekend, we'll definitely need them. In his case, we were able to do them w/o the compressor, but I don't know how big the springs you have are (his were a pretty big drop).

Hey Colin, did you take a pic of your 4 wheeler?!?!?! ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

sabre wrote:Ack, I totally forgot about this :( Have you found a spring compressor? After doing Colin's springs this weekend, we'll definitely need them. In his case, we were able to do them w/o the compressor, but I don't know how big the springs you have are (his were a pretty big drop).

Hey Colin, did you take a pic of your 4 wheeler?!?!?! ;)
No, we will definitely need a spring compressor for my springs. Probably just rent some if i can't find someone to lend them to me.

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

sirwilliam wrote: No, we will definitely need a spring compressor for my springs. Probably just rent some if i can't find someone to lend them to me.
How long can you wait? Colin might loan you his if you are really nice ;) He'll be at the meet next monday and we could pick it up then. It makes life so much easier!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI