HPS group buy on NASIOC

Feeling the bumps in the Forester or wanting more, look here

Moderator: Moderators

ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

HPS group buy on NASIOC

Post by ElZorro »

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=818898

So, I'm thinking about these for the Forester. Same part as the WRX. PepBoys has them for $80 a pair, so this is about $50 off.

Going through their installation instructions, they are talking about replacing fluid, measuring, gapping, etc... Sounds like it would actually involve work! (shocking!) Any thoughts? Something that is worth doing myself? Any guess-timates/WAGs on what it would take for a shop to do it?
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

well, you'll EVENTUALLY need new pads. sounds like a good price to me. I have pads, SS lines, and high-temp fluid sitting in my storage room waiting for me to install them. Install Fest 2 anyone?... :lol:
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Mr Kleen wrote:well, you'll EVENTUALLY need new pads. sounds like a good price to me. I have pads, SS lines, and high-temp fluid sitting in my storage room waiting for me to install them. Install Fest 2 anyone?... :lol:
Maybe I can take a bite out of my mod mound (aftermarket stockpile) at home for an install day? Hmm...got some SS lines, fluid, H6 rear upgrade, EBC red pads...

Okay will just need some of those nice pumps that hook onto the brake fluid reservior to make the job easier...hmm but not sure I could get off a weekend while my wife is recovering...
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

No worries man, we'll have another install day in the future.

And I've been told if you have two people, the brake bleeder is much less important.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Jason,

Sorry to steal off the post but noticed you have this:

Jason "El Zorro" Fox
The VP in DCAWD

Just curious who is the "P" in DCAWD?

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

That'd be Julian (Sabre). He's just a pretty face, like everyone knows the VP actually does all the real work. :)
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

sirwilliam we can tag-team our brake upgrades once your schedule permits.

[hopefully] after this Saturday I'm going to need a brake upgrade. :twisted:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

ElZorro wrote:That'd be Julian (Sabre). He's just a pretty face, like everyone knows the VP actually does all the real work. :)
So you think I'm pretty eh? ;) I know it's been awhile, but I'm just not into that sort of thing.... :rolllaugh:

Yep, I'm the P, Jason is the VP, then we have what we call the Founding Members: Zak (Zakrex), Colin (bluescooby23), Darrin (DrWRX) and Matt (Thremobox).

For the most part, I handle the meets and Jason handles the money :) We both organize events for the group depending on who wants to take the lead on it (Jason has been the spear head with us on the AutoX courses and such) and I've been organizing drives etc.)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
BryanH
Unicycle

Post by BryanH »

I know this is old but I actually have a brake bleeder so you dont fubar your master cylinder pumping the crap out of it. And you can have an install day out here at my house and I have all the tools you would ever need to do brakes.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Bryan! Another NASIOC refugee... :)
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

BryanH wrote:And you can have an install day out here at my house and I have all the tools you would ever need to do brakes.
lol, sure you wouldn't mind 15 Subie's at your place? ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I'm thinking about swapping my OEM pads back in until the next track day. the Bobcat pads are just too damn squeaky for me. even after 21,000 miles and a track day, the stock pads were in great shape.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Mr Kleen wrote:sirwilliam we can tag-team our brake upgrades once your schedule permits.

[hopefully] after this Saturday I'm going to need a brake upgrade. :twisted:
Hey this is old and I never replied...I'm an @$$...yeah, if you haven't done yours we could...my only problem is now that I have my larger rear brake upgrade my FXT rear EBC red pads won't work (needs legacy or outback pads...pads have different size tabs)...I am trying to get in touch w/ Jamie aka subiegal who I got them from to see if she could swap the pads for me...I haven't heard from her in a while...she is probably at some rally girls photo shoot :lol: ...anyways, I have goodridge SS lines, Motul fluid, EBC reds and the larger rear brake upgrade. I will have to do the upgrade during the week or a free weekend which I will actually have this weekend free...hopefully it won't be a crappy rainy weekend :roll: thanks Wilma! Oh also need my FSTi springs to go on (Julian, if you are reading this) and I am grabbing the spring compressor from Colin at HT this Thursday. I also want to sand down my stock calipers, add the cheesy Red Brake caliper enamel (which holds in heat but I am not AutoXing so no big deal) and throw on my cheesy subaru caliper stickers to make it look like subaru 4pots :lol: I actually have 4 stickers in case someone wants the other two...later I will get some nice brakes (6 or 8 pots...which will go w/ my 6spd and GT35R w/ front mount).
Last edited by sirwilliam on Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

^^^ sounds like fun but I'm in NYC for Halloween. maybe the following weekend? :wink:
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Mr Kleen wrote:^^^ sounds like fun but I'm in NYC for Halloween. maybe the following weekend? :wink:
Sorry...will be in PA. That is where my wife and son are...I am only here this weekend b/c I had to go to doctors for xrays for my spine (excercise accident...long story) and get my teeth cleaned this weekend so that is why I am actually here.

BryanH
Unicycle

Post by BryanH »

we have had like 10 out here before....but I have to clear it with the wife first.

The only catch is it has to start early....and noon aint early. A whole set of brakes shouldnt take more than an hour or an hour and a half.