Tien: H or S tech?

Feeling the bumps in the Forester or wanting more, look here

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Tien: H or S tech?

Post by Mr Kleen »

what's the difference between the H tech and the S tech springs? I found a pretty good deal on some H techs and thought somebody here could do my dirty work for me and just tell me the answer. :wink:
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

I have the H - tech's. Gives you about 1.5 fingers between 17's and the fender all the way around. Ride is very tolerable, stance is much better. It's a steal for the price, IMHO.

The S tech's are a more aggressive drop. You end up with a finger between the fender and wheel up front, but your wheels are tucked in the back. Too low for street use if you ask me.

just my .02usd

colin
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

he's asking $174 shipped for them, brand new in box. looks like that's about $25 cheaper than I've seen online so far. might just go ahead and get them. then all I need is that rear sway. and this paddle-ball game. and that's all I need. :wink:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Mr Kleen wrote:he's asking $174 shipped for them, brand new in box. looks like that's about $25 cheaper than I've seen online so far. might just go ahead and get them. then all I need is that rear sway. and this paddle-ball game. and that's all I need. :wink:
Sounds like a good deal, lut us know if you get them or not... for someone resisting the modding itch, you are not doing so well.... :lol:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

I just feel like the car should "look" like a Stage 2 car, know what I mean? I went all last year without getting springs. I'm due. :P
ButtDyno
I walk to work

Post by ButtDyno »

Mr Kleen wrote:if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

I just feel like the car should "look" like a Stage 2 car, know what I mean? I went all last year without getting springs. I'm due. :P
Aren't those springs labelled as "style master"?

Anyhoo, you can search the NASIOC forums for the full explanation, but the green springs don't have much of a following from the suspension gurus there.

Remember, just coz the wheel gap isn't even, doesn't mean the CAR isn't even.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

springs are my only real concession to styling. I don't want to hurt the handling, but I won't be heartbroken if it doesn't help a whole lot either.