is this a good deal?

Feeling the bumps in the Forester or wanting more, look here

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

is this a good deal?

Post by Mr Kleen »

V8 STI Suspension
Direct fit for 2002,3,4,5 WRX, Forester. Lowers ~ 0.5 inch. Significantly improves the handling. *** LAST SET **** ~ 1000 km!!! SUPER CLEAN
$540 shipped - lower 48 states

yeah, it's me again, fighting the urge to charge up the credit card. :wink:
they look really clean in the posted pic, and the price isn't a lot more than a new set of springs. I want to lower the car a bit, but not too much. I'm not sure if .5" will make much of a difference but the price isn't too bad...
opinions?
ButtDyno
I walk to work

Post by ButtDyno »

What do you want to do with the car?

STi takeoffs in general are really good all around suspensions, but the hidden cost here is that you will probably want either the Grp N strut tops, or camber plates.

The STi takeoffs also won't give the equal wheel gap that so many ricers are willing to sacrifice handling to get.

john
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

honestly, it's almost all for looks. the handling of the WRX is just fine as far as the springs/struts are concerned. I would like to dial out some of the understeer but that's the rear sway bar. I think I'll just go with a new set of springs and leave it at that. now, what springs are the "best" for a daily driver in the DC pothole belt?

always something to buy...
ButtDyno
I walk to work

Post by ButtDyno »

Mr Kleen wrote:honestly, it's almost all for looks. the handling of the WRX is just fine as far as the springs/struts are concerned. I would like to dial out some of the understeer but that's the rear sway bar. I think I'll just go with a new set of springs and leave it at that. now, what springs are the "best" for a daily driver in the DC pothole belt?
If all you want is even wheel gap, consider Prodrive springs. They usually do that. Tein makes some "style master" springs that have a good amount of mad-tyt3ness.

john