Air ride

Feeling the bumps in the Forester or wanting more, look here

Moderator: Moderators

LLTS1
I'm a n000b

Air ride

Post by LLTS1 »

Anyone in the area have experience with adding air-ride to a subie? I'm starting to gather my parts for my 11 wrx and just seeing if there is anything to look out for. Also anyone know of god skid plates for 08+ wrx's? thanks in advance.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Air ride

Post by Sabre »

I can't help out with the air suspension, as I don't know anyone running one on a Subaru :/ Would be interesting, that is for sure!

As far as skid plates go, I have two Primitive ones and LOVE them.
http://www.writerguy.com/primitive/skid.htm
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I had a Primitive skid on my 2004 WRX. It was a nice piece but bit of a pain to take on and off because of the spacers. If I still owned it I probably would have had them tack welded in place.
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

May or may not be helpful, but there is a girl on the Subiegirls forum, KatieO, with an 04 WRX wagon with air suspension.

Link with the build out of her car
My Name is Adam.
LLTS1
I'm a n000b

Post by LLTS1 »

I've never even heard of the primative ones so thanks. I'll start a build thread when the parts start coming in. And if anyone else ends up in here it looks like K-sport has a everything from bags to full kits.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

another big +1 for primative. i've abused the crap out of the one i have on my forester. if you do order from them, make sure you get the "stinger" option as it covers the base of the trans. the spacers are tack welded in now, too.

don't bother with the oil filter hole either... it's easier to just remove the plate.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

complacent wrote:don't bother with the oil filter hole either... it's easier to just remove the plate.
Agreed!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

My little friend and I disagree...
Oil goes right out of hole, even easier than unzipping to take a human leak.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Interesting... Mine does not (and I have a fummuto drain valve), and I have a hell of a time getting to the filter.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Then you my friend need to get a 1/4 inch socket strap oil wrench
or if you want to be extra cool (and only ever buy one size oil filter) get an oil filter socket for 2.5T Subaru and use an extension
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I actually have the later one... after years of using it, the hole is starting to get worn to a circle rather than a square, hahaha.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI