TiC SST coilovers

Feeling the bumps in the Forester or wanting more, look here

Moderator: Moderators

UpgreyD
I'm a n000b

TiC SST coilovers

Post by UpgreyD »

Does anybody in the area have these or have any experience with them? I've been :bowd: and :dropgob: over them for months as they seem to be the best all-arounder I've ever come across.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: TiC SST coilovers

Post by complacent »

I know Sabre has an awesome set of TiC's installed... not sure which version though.

Awesome, awesome setup.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Yep, I have them :) I absolutely LOVE these coilovers. They are nice on the street, but aggressive enough for weekend HPDE's. I actually keep them on the track setting all the time because I find them TOO soft on their comfort setting :lol:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
UpgreyD
I'm a n000b

Post by UpgreyD »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand now I'm stuck thinking that I'll want stiffer springs. The other day I spoke to Myles again up at RCE about their Tarmac 2's and he suggested I go with some 400/350 hyperco springs.

I had never heard of hyperco or their aptly named hypercoils before, but ironically 48 hours later I was in Charlotte for a wedding, stopped by the Nascar hall of fame and bam! hypercoils on nearly ever car :? :hitit:

Since then I've done some reading and they seem to be an excellent option with real race cred.

I'm planning on using group N rubber mounts in the rear and WL comp c's in the front but now I'm stuck deciding between these two coilovers. I like TiC's added suspension travel, swift springs and included rear adjustment extenders, but I also like RCE's 2-way adjustment (although not sure if i'll actually be adjusting compression often), numerous spring rate options and close proximity to DC.

Both seem to fit my needs as someone who likes to buy something once, who's a frequent back roads driver and will be taking performance driving classes in the future to start logging hours at the track.

And of course when I spoke to Myles he reminded me that we could use swift springs and that he also sells ACT dampers!

This is the best/hardest decision ever ! maybe I'll flip a coin :crazy: