Audi RS4....

Non-technical forum specific to Audi. Good example: Discussion of classic Audi's.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Audi RS4....

Post by Sabre »

Ok, not actually a RS4 per say, but it's close enough. Check out this link for the full story.

Highlights:
"As soon as Nick fired up the 2.7 liter, 30 valve, twin turbo mill, I noticed that it lacked the usual S4 sound. In fact, the only S4 parts remaining on this engine are the engine block and engine covers. The rest is MTM or RS4 grade."

"Currently, Nick's car weighs 110 kg (220 lbs) less than stock."

"Although there isn't much pull below 3500 RPM due to the higher volume RS4 intake system, the power comes on very strong at 4000 and doesn't let up until 7000+ RPM. The fury from 6000 RPM to redline is something normally only seen in high revving normally aspirated engines. Where the standard S4 heads, cams, and intake are running out of steam at the far end of the tach, the RS4 motor pulls even harder. It's a proper racing engine."

"The landscape is getting blurry as we pass into triple digits and we're approaching a sharp bend. That's when the next unexpected event happen - I'm no longer sitting in my seat! Nick gets hard on the brakes and I'm literally lifted right out of the custom Recaro racing seats and suspended only by the seatbelt. The 6 piston Movit brakes (344 x 32 mm front/322 x 28 mm rear) brakes are that good."

"Behind the wheel, my first impression is that the powerband is amazingly smooth. This is what people expect from MTM and this car is no exception; even when tuned to nearly 500 horsepower. This car is the smoothest, most responsive, and most tractable tuned S4 I have ever driven. The throttle response is linear. The same goes for the brakes. "
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

that makes me happy in pants. :oops:
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz