what would Tony Stark drive?

Non-technical forum specific to Audi. Good example: Discussion of classic Audi's.

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

what would Tony Stark drive?

Post by Mr Kleen »

answer? Audi R8
Autoblog wrote:Don't tell Toyota, but Iron Man drives an Audi - at least in the movies. Not to be confused with longtime Toyota off-road truck racer Ivan "Iron Man" Stewart, we're talking about Tony "Iron Man" Stark here. Word from Variety is that the newest big screen superhero will be piloting Audi's latest supercar, the R8. The Ingolstadt flyer was chosen by Marvel Studios and Paramount Pictures to be the personal wheels of billionaire industrialist Tony Stark. At least when he's not donning his armor as Iron Man, he'll be tooling around in this mid-engine stunner. And from the sound of it, the movie will be a family affair with the A6, Q7 and the upcoming S5 playing supporting roles. Expect a huge movie tie-in campaign for the film's release that's scheduled for May 2 of next year.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I LOVE the looks of the R8, but from what I hear they are not as quick as one would imagine... They are still fast as snot though ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

a stock Z06 outruns it on VIR's full course according to C&D's latest installment of "Lightning Lap." but then again the Z06 outruns a LOT of expensive cars.
Car Wars, EP4: Hope for a New Ride wrote:Luke Skydriver "it's fast."

Han Solo2 "how fast?"

LukeSkydriver "fast! faster than you can imagine."

Han Solo2 "I don't know, I can imagine really fast."
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Post by avriette »

Sabre wrote:I LOVE the looks of the R8, but from what I hear they are not as quick as one would imagine... They are still fast as snot though ;)
Audi/VW/Porsche own Lambo, correct? Do you notice the similarities between the two, visually? If you step back a moment and ignore the choice of engine (which obviously has to be different at that price point), don't you think a lot of the same goodies made it from the Murcielago and the R8?
rocket scientist
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

avriette wrote:of the same goodies made it from the Murcielago and the R8?
I remember reading something to that effect on Autoblog a good while back. I'm pretty sure they sourced the engine (albeit, detuned) from teh lambo. Good stuffs. A german machine with the heart and soul of an italian... ahh!
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

is the Audi V8 sourced from Lambo? it might be the other way around... but then again I'm not all up on the exotics these days. :oops:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

IIRC, I think I saw that too with the Lambo engine -> R8.... So a tune and maybe some pipes and it would be able to compete with it's brethren a little better? Sounds fine to me :) It is one sexy beast...
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.