Audi Confirms Ultra-Über-Hot RS3 for the U.S.!

Non-technical forum specific to Audi. Good example: Discussion of classic Audi's.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Audi Confirms Ultra-Über-Hot RS3 for the U.S.!

Post by Sabre »

Car and Driver

Audi of America CEO Scott Keogh has finally confirmed what we’ve long suspected: The 367-hp RS3 is coming to the U.S. We’ve been optimistic about that car’s chances for the States since way back in 2012, when we had the above RS3 sedan rendering commissioned. As Keogh points out in comments to Automotive News, the sedan would be better suited to our market than the equally cool RS3 hatchback currently on sale in Europe.

Today’s U.S.-market Audi A3 landscape includes a sedan, a cabriolet, and the 292-hp S3 sedan. (The A3 e-tron plug-in-hybrid hatchback soon will join the group.) As Keogh states to AN, he thinks the RS3 is “going to be a great positioning car, a great halo car. I’m very confident we’ll see that car in the market. That’s as far as I’m going to go.” When we reached out to Audi for comment, a spokesperson told us that while the car has not yet officially been signed off on, the company is “optimistic” and expects to bring it Stateside.

We’d agree with Keogh, however. Even though it very righteously tramps all over the larger S4’s toes, the RS3 is balls-out awesome—we know this because we’ve driven the Euro-market hatchback variant. The sedan Audi sends stateside should get that car’s 367-hp 2.5-liter turbocharged five-cylinder, seven-speed dual-clutch automatic, and Quattro all-wheel-drive system. Audi quotes a zero-to-60 time of just 4.3 seconds, and top speed is limited to either 155 mph or 174 mph, depending on which option packages buyers choose.
:banana2: :bansex: :hitit:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Audi Confirms Ultra-Über-Hot RS3 for the U.S.!

Post by ElZorro »

I'm really excited about the car, but dreading the price tag...
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

I'm sure it will start in the $50k realm. The CLA 45 starts at $49, so the RS3 will have to be higher than that.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

No hatch, sedan only.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

zaxrex wrote:No hatch, sedan only.
Maybe in a couple of years?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Sabre wrote:
zaxrex wrote:No hatch, sedan only.
Maybe in a couple of years?
Yes, in a couple years Americans will finally realize how great modern hatchbacks and wagons are. I'm sure of it!

:oops:
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Mr Kleen wrote:Yes, in a couple years Americans will finally realize how great modern hatchbacks and wagons are. I'm sure of it!
No sir! I for one will never accept the presence of hatchbacks or wagons on American roads! They have no place in our motoring society! Their very existence is a blight on the glorious automotive landscape!

... What's that? You say I have owned 6 in my life so far, and currently have 2 right now?
Ah...
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I may have to report this on my next SF50... ;-)
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Gimmie my first!!!!!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI