2012 Audi TT RS Starts at $56k and Goes on Sale this Summer!

Non-technical forum specific to Audi. Good example: Discussion of classic Audi's.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

2012 Audi TT RS Starts at $56k and Goes on Sale this Summer!

Post by Sabre »

Calling Jason!!!!

Torque Report
Audi has announced the pricing for the highly anticipated RS version of the TT, the 2012 TT RS. The 2012 TT RS is now the top TT and starts at $56,850.

The 2012 Audi TT RS is powered by a turbocharged 2.5L five-cylinder engine. It puts out 360 horsepower and 343 lb-ft. of torque. The 2.5L is mated to a standard six-speed manual transmission and Audi's quattro all-wheel-drive system. An automatic transmission is not available. The TT RS reaches 0-60 mph in 4.1 seconds.

The TT RS gets exclusive design elements to separate it from the lesser powered TT models such as a black diamond-patterned grille, large front air intakes and a fixed rear wing spoiler. Oval exhaust pipes, rear diffuser, unique 19" rotor wheels, prominent body sills and exterior mirror housings in matte aluminum finish round out the RS-specific design elements.

The interior of the TT RS gets a 3-spoke sport multifunction steering wheel, aluminum door sills with the RS logo, and RS-specific interior door handles. The interior also gets aluminum accents, heated leather seats and available LED lighting.

The 2012 Audi TT RS goes on sale this summer.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: 2012 Audi TT RS Starts at $56k and Goes on Sale this Sum

Post by Mr Kleen »

Ive seen an orange one drive up the street twice now. I gotta say, it's rather :pimp:
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

if i needed a single man's car, i'd be all over this.

hot!
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

I do like the new TT's. They look less like a VW Bug (which doesn't even look like a Bug anymore).
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Sabre wrote: An automatic transmission is not available.
I know there a bunch of people who think this is a good thing.
Those people are WRONG!

When equipped with the seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox, as in the Euro-market cars, the TT RS goes 0 to 60 in 3.6 seconds. That’s right, 3.6 seconds!
That, sir, is exactly as quick as a 638-hp Corvette ZR1, a 600-hp Dodge Viper, and a 661-hp Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series! It also maintains that half second advantage over the manual all the way through the 1/4 mile.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

A seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox is not an automatic. An automatic has a torque converter. :mrgreen:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Mr Kleen wrote:A seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox is not an automatic. An automatic has a torque converter. :mrgreen:
THIS!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

My point still stands.
You should forward your semantic issues to Torque Report. For the record, I never called the "seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox" an automatic.
Yes, Torque Report should have clearly stated that the "seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox" that is available in Europe will NOT be available in the US.
And that said "seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox" is BETTER than the six-speed manual we will be receiving.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

^^^ I most definitely agree. Trust me, I wasn't arguing it! After driving Suzie's S4, I now know that the manual stick shift gear box is dead.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Sabre wrote:^^^ I most definitely agree. Trust me, I wasn't arguing it! After driving Suzie's S4, I now know that the manual stick shift gear box is dead.
i wouldn't go so far as to call it "dead" per se, but i would contend that it's performance advantages have been surpassed. there's clearly a new king in town.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Shifting is fun. I admit I miss it on occasion, but this DCT is :pimp:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

First one has been delivered. I have to admit, I really like the looks and performance of this car... I can't watch the video here unfortunately to hear it :(
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI